Shadow Pt. 1

Shelby

Sam, Dean, and I get out of our car across the street from an apartment building and got out, dressed as employees of the alarm system company. Dean gets a toolbox from the trunk of the car, and we proceed towards the apartment. "All right, Dean, this is the place" Sam said and got out and talk as we walked. "You know, I've gotta say Dad, Shelby, and me did just fine without these stupid costumes. I feel like a high school drama dork" Dean said and looked at Sam and smiled.

"What was that play that you did, what was it, Our Town. Yeah, you were good, it was cute" Dean said and I couldn't help but laugh a little. "Look, you wanna pull this off or not" Sam asked "I have to agree with Dean, I hate these outfits too" I said and Sam sighed. "I'm just sayin', these outfits cost hard-earned money, okay" Dean said "whose" Sam asked and looked at Dean "ours. You think credit card fraud is easy" Dean asked and we headed into the building and into the lady that was killed about a week ago's apartment.

"Thanks for lettin' us look around" Sam said to the Landlady as she unlocks the door and we walk in. "Well, the police said they were done with the place, so" she said and Dean shuts the apartment door behind us and notices the chain on the door is broken. In the living room, spots of blood cover the carpet. "You guys said you were with the alarm company" the Landlady asked?

"That's right" I said "well, no offense, but your alarm's about as useful as boobs on a man" the Landlady said and I smiled a little. "Well, that's why we're here, to see what went wrong and stop it from happening again" Dean said "now, ma'am, you found the body" Sam asked? "Yeah" she said as we all looked around "right after it happened" Sam asked?

"No, few days later. Meredith's work called, she hadn't shown up. I knocked on the door, that's when I noticed the smell" the Landlady said. "Any windows open, any sign of break-in" I asked? "No, windows were locked, front door was bolted. Chain was on the door, we had to cut it just to get in" "and the alarm was still on" Dean asked? "Like I said, bang-up job your company's doin'" she said to us. "You see any overturned furniture, broken glass, signs of struggle" Dean asked?

The landlady shakes her head "everything was in perfect condition except Meredith". Sam, Dean, and I look at her "and what condition was Meredith in" Sam asked "Meredith was all over, in pieces. The guy who killed her must have been some kind of a whackjob. But I tell you, if I didn't know any better, I'd have said a wild animal did it" she said and Dean, Sam, and I look at each other. "Ma'am, do you mind if we take some time? Give this place a once-over" Sam asked "go right ahead, knock yourself out" she told us.

Once the Landlandy left Dean opens his toolbox and removes the EMF meter. "So, a killer walks in and out of the apartment, no weapons, no prints, nothin'" Dean said "I'm tellin' ya, the minute I found that article, I knew this was our kind of gig" Sam said and the EMF meter beeps frantically. "I think I agree with you" Dean said "so, you talked to the cops" Sam asked and we start to go around the room.

"Uh, yeah" Dean said and smirks "I spoke to Amy, a, uh, charming, perky officer of the law" Dean said. "yeah, what'd you find out" Sam asked "well, she's a Sagittarius. She loves tequila, I mean, wow. Oh, and she's got this little tattoo" Dean started and I rolled my eyes at him "Dean" I said "sorry; nothin' we don't already know. Except for one thing they're keepin' out of the papers. Meredith's heart was missing" Dean said and Sam and I look at Dean stunned "her heart" Sam asked "yeah, her heart" Dean said.