Dead In The Water Pt. 3

Shelby

Dean, Sam and I drive up to Andrea's house “I'm sorry, but I don't think it's a good idea” she said to me. “I just need to talk to him, please, just for a few minutes” I asked “he won't say anything, what good's it gonna do” Andrea asked? “He'll talk to me” I said, but she still didn't seem convince “Andrea, we think more people might get hurt. We think something's happening out there” Sam said.

“My husband, the others, they just drowned, that's all” Andrea said “if that's what you really believe, then we'll go. But if you think there's even a possibility that something else could be going on here, please let Shelby talk to your son” Dean said. Andrea nodded and I walk into Lucas's room to see him sitting on the floor coloring, toy soldiers standing around him. Dean, Andrea, and Sam approach the doorway as I enter the room and sir down by Lucas.

“Hey, Lucas, you remember me” I asked, he is silent “you know, I wanted to thank you for that last drawing. But the thing is, I need your help again” I said as Lucas is drawing a person in water. I open the house picture and put it down in front of him “how did you know to draw this? Did you know something bad was gonna happen, maybe you could nod yes or no for me” I asked?

Lucas keeps coloring “you're scared, it's okay I understand. See, when I was your age, I was taken from my brothers, and I was so scared, when I finally got away I didn't feel like talking, just like you. Then I remembered that my brothers always told me to be brave. That if something bad happens you have to show that, that you are better and braver then whats going on. I think about that every day and I do my best to be brave, an maybe, your dad wants you to be brave too, just like my brothers wanted me to be” I said to Lucas.

Lucas drops his crayon and looks up at me and hands me a picture of a white church, a yellow house, a boy with a blue baseball cap, and red bicycle in front of a wooden fence. I smiled “thanks, Lucas” I said with a smile and we left. Sam was holding the church picture while I sat in the back seat. “Andrea said the kid never drew like that till his dad died” I said “there are cases, going through a traumatic experience could make people more sensitive to premonitions, psychic tendencies” Sam said.

“Okay, so what is whatever's out there, what if Lucas is tapping into it somehow? I mean, it's only a matter of time before somebody else drowns, so if you got a better lead, please” Dean said “all right, we got another house to find” “the only problem is there's about a thousand yellow two-stories in this county alone” I said mad. Sam looks back at the pitcher “see this church? I bet there's less than a thousand of those around here” Sam said making Dean and I look at him “oh, College Boy thinks he's so smart” Dean said making Sam laugh.

Sam moves in his seat to look back at me “you know, that was really good, what you told Lucas” “yeah well I figure, he;s going threw hell and in a way I was too, so” I said. Sam nods “It's no big deal though, besides, you two did find me” I said with a small smile and leaned back in my seat. I thought for a second, remembering everything that happened and looked back at Sam and Dean.

We polled up to a house and church, getting out of the car and walking towards it. We approach a white church shaped like the one in Lucas's picture. I hold up the picture and looks at it, comparing it to the scene in front of me; there's a yellow house next to the church and a wooden fence near the house. Sam and Dean look at me who looks at them. We look up at the church and cross the street to the house.