Salvation Pt. 1

Shelby

Dean, Sam, and I end up going to Colorado and head to a motel. The walls are covered with information on the yellow eyed demon. Weather charts, hieroglyphics, pictures, newspaper articles, written notes, a shelf of books and more. John sits at a paper strewn desk, the Colt in front of him. Sam and I lean against the counter while Dean paces. "So this is it. This is everything I know. Look, our whole lives we been searching for this demon right? Not a trace, just nothing. Until about a year ago. For the first time I picked up a trail" John says.

"And that's when you took off" Dean said "yeah, sure, that's right. The demon must have come out of hiding, or hibernation" John said and I nod. "All right so what's this trail you found" Sam asked? "It starts in Arizona, then New Jersey, California. Houses burned down to the ground. It's going after families, just like it went after us" John said.

"Families with infants" Sam asked "yeah. The night of the kid's 11-months birthday" John said. "I was 11 months old that night" Sam asked "Exactly 11 months" John says. "Wait, so if Sam was 11 months old then how old was I. I mean he goes after the youngest and I was there" I said. "You were a month and a half old, you were in a different room" John says to me and I nod.

"So basically, this demon is going after these kids for some reason. The same way it came for me? So Mom's death, Jessica. It's all because of me" Sam asked "we don't know that Sam" Dean said. "Oh really? Cause I'd say we're pretty damn sure Dean" Sam said. "For the last time, what happened to them was not your fault" Dean said frustrated.

"Now you know how I feel" I mumbled to Dean. "Right, it's not my fault but it's my problem" Sam shouted. "No it's not your problem it's our problem" Dean shouted and I side. "Okay, that's enough" John says standing up and everyone takes a breath and calms down. "So why's he doing it. What does he want" I asked "look I wish I had more answers, I do. I've always been one step behind it. Look, I've never gotten there in time to save" John looks down, unhappy.

"All right so how do we find it, before it hits again" Dean asked? "There's signs. It took me a while to see the pattern but it's there in the days before these fires signs crop up in an area. Cattle deaths, temperature fluctuations, electrical storms. And then I went back and checked and" John said. "These things happened in Lawrence" Dean said and John nods.

"A week before your mother died. And in Palo Alto, before Jessica. And these signs, they're starting again" John says. "Where" Sam asked "Salvation Iowa" John said to us. We head on the road, Dean's car following Dad's truck. After a few moments we pull off to the side, the Impala follows and everyone springs out of their seats. "God damn it" John says mad.

"What is it" Dean asked "son of a bitch" he yells out again "what is it" I asked? "I just got a call from Caleb. He's fine, but Jim Murphy's dead" John said "who" I asked? "Pastor Jim, the hunter/ pastor" Dean says to me and I nod. "How" Sam asked "his throat was slashed. He bled out. Caleb said they found traces of sulfur at Jim's place" John said.

"A demon" I said and John nods "the demon" I asked? "I don't know. Could be he just got careless, he slipped up. Maybe the demon knows we're getting close" John said. "What do we do" I asked "now we act like every second counts. There's two hospitals and a health centre in this county. We split up, cover more ground. I want records. I want a list of every infant that's going to be six months old in the next week" John says.

"Dad that could be dozens of kids. How do we know which one's the right one" Sam asked? "We check em all that's how. You got any better ideas" John asked and we all shook our heads. "No sir" Sam said and John nods to us and they all turn back to their cars. John stops, leaning on his trunk. Dean, Sam, and I turn back as he opens his door and pauses.