Phantom Traveler Pt. 1

Dean

I'm asleep on my stomach as I hear the door open and slip a hand under my pillow for a weapon. I turned to look to see Sam carrying coffee and pastries “morning, sunshine” Sam says with a smile. “What time is it” I ask “uh, it's about five forty five” “in the morning” I ask “yep” “where does the day go” I ask sitting up “did you get any sleep last night” I asked, knowing the answer.

“Yeah, I grabbed a couple hours” Sam lied to me “liar, cause I was up at three, and you were watching a George Foreman infomercial” I said putting my shoes on “hey, what can I say? It's riveting TV” Sam said with a smirk “when was the last time you got a good night's sleep” I asked concerned. “I don't know, a little while I guess, it's not a big deal” Sam said waving his drink around.

“Yeah, it is” I said “no it's not, Shelby hasn't been sleeping that much either” “Shelby has been having off and on nightmares about what happen and at least she is getting some sleep. “Look, I appreciate your concern -” Sam starts “oh, I'm not concerned about you. It's your job to keep my ass alive, so I need you sharp” “what about Shelby” Sam asks “Shelby is keeping both of our ass's alive, seriously, are you still having nightmares about Jess” I asked still have out of it.

Sam crosses the room, sits on the other bed, and hands me a coffee “yeah, but it's not just her. It's everything, I just forgot, you know, this job, it gets to you” Sam said “you can't let it. You can't bring it home like that” I said taking a drink “so what, all this it, never keeps you up at night” Sam asks and I shake my head. “Never, you're never afraid” Sam asks me. “No, not really” I said and Sam laughs, shaking his head as he reaches under my pillow and pulls out a large hunting knife and holds it up as evidence.

I take the knife “that's not fear, that is precaution” I said as Shelby walks in “oh great, is Dean trying to kill you again Sam” Shelby asks when she see's the knife in my hand. “All right, whatever, I'm too tired to argue” Sam says as my phone rings and I look, not recognizing the number but answer it “hello” I ask into the phone. “Dean, it's, uh, it's Jerry Panowski” I look confused. “You, your dad, and sister helped me out a couple years back” Panowski says.

“Oh, right, yeah. Up in Kittanning, Pennsylvania, the poltergeist thing. It's not back, is it” I ask “no, no, thank god, no. But it's something else and, I think it could be a lot worse” “what is it” I ask “can we talk in person” Panowski says and I look at Dean and Shelby who look at me. We quickly get ready and drove over to the Hangar “thanks for making the trip so quick. I ought to be doing you guys a favor, not the other way around. Dean, your sister and dad really helped me out” Jerry said.

“Yeah, he told me, it was a poltergeist” Sam asked “damn right it was a poltergeist, practically tore our house apart. Tell you something, if it wasn't for you guys and and your dad, I probably wouldn't be alive” Jerry said to Shelby and me as we walked “your dad said you were off at college. Is that right” Jerry asked Sam “yeah, I was, I'm taking some time off” Sam said. “Well, he was real proud of you, I could tell, he talked about you all the time” Jerry said.

“He did” Sam asked surprised “yeah, you bet he did. Oh, hey, you know I tried to get a hold of him, but I couldn't. How's he doing, anyway” Jerry asked us “he's, um, wrapped up in a job right now” Shelby said. “Well, we're missing the old man, but we get Sam, even trade, huh” Jerry says with a laugh making Shelby and I laugh. “No, not by a long shot” Sam said. “I got something I want you guys to hear” Jerry said as we walk into his office.