Route 666 Pt. 3

Shelby

The ghost truck roars after me. Sam and Dean hide until the truck passes. I lead the truck on a wild ride through the misty back roads. “Dean's going to kill me” I say to myself as I call Dean. “Hey, you gotta give us a minute” Sam says as he puts me on speaker “I don't have a minute. What are we doing” I ask “ahh, let me get back to you” Sam says and hangs up. “Get back to me” I say astounded and mad until Sam calls me back “all right, Shelby” Sam asks into the phone.

“This better be good” I say mad “where are you” Dean asks “in the middle of no where with a killer truck on my ass! It's like it knows I put the torch to Cyrus” I yell into the phone, mad “listen to me, this is important. I have to know exactly where you are” Sam says. I look at a road sign as the Impala roars passed “Decatur road, about two miles off the highway.” I say. “ok, headed East” Sam asks “no, up” I say pissed off. The Truck backends the Impala, which goes skidding all over the road before regaining traction. “You son of a bitch” I yell.

“What happened” Dean asked “ok, ahhh, turn right! Up ahead, turn right” Sam says and I swing right, the truck follows, both engines screaming and reeving “you make the turn” Sam asks? “Yeah I made the turn! You two need to move this thing along a little faster” I say “all right, you see a road up ahead” Sam asks? “no, wait, no, yes, I see it” I said as the truck is slowly gaining ground on the Impala's left side. “Ok, turn left” Sam says “what” I say. I take a deep breath before slamming on the brakes and the truck careens past as I spin the Impala left onto the smaller road.

“All right, now what” I ask “you need to go seven tenths of a mile and then stop” Sam says. “Stop” I ask again “exactly seven tenths Shelby” Sam says and I look at the speedometer. At the right moment I spin the car around and move it back to sit exactly where Sam and Dean advised, facing back the way I had just came. I'm between to posts on each side of the road and the last remains of a wall, almost totally broken down. The ghost truck appears back down the road I came down, revving it's engine. “Shelby, you still there” Dean asks?

“Yeah” I say “what's happening” Sam asks “it's just staring at me, what do I do” I ask? “Just what you are doing, bringing it to you” Sam say “what” I say “what” Dean says loudly as I look at the truck a bit scared. “Come on you bucket of old bolts” I say as the truck spins it's tires and comes barreling towards me and the Impala. I watch it come, hanging tightly to the Impala's steering wheel. As it reaches me I close my eyes and hang on tight. The truck roars through me, braking apart into nothing as it does so. I open my eyes and stare at the now empty road in front of me. All that can be heard is the purring of the Impala's engine, the truck's reeving having completely disappeared.

I quickly look around me to see nothing. “Shelby, you still there” Sam asks “Shelby” Dean said. “Where'd it go” I asked shocked “Shelby, you're where the church was” Sam said “what church” I say mad “the place Cyrus burned down. Murdered all those kids” Sam said. I look at the posts left on the side of the road “there's not a whole lot left” I said. “Church ground is hallowed ground, whether the church is still there or not. Evil spirits cross over hallowed ground, sometimes they're destroyed, so I figured, maybe, that would get rid of it” Sam said.

“Maybe, maybe, what if you were wrong” I yell mad knowing Deans giving Sam a look. “Honestly that thought hadn't occurred to me” Sam said. I stare at my phone, then hang up. “Well it honestly didn't occur to me” I mimic and lay my head back and sigh “I'm gonna kill those two”. I drive back to Sam and Dean and Dean instantly ran up to his car and checked it “no scratches, no bruises” Dean said and looked at me as Sam patted my back. “You did good kid” Sam said and I chuckled “so” I said looking at dean “does this mean I can drive your car more often” I asked?

Dean, Sam, and I met Cassie at the docks. Sam and I leaned on the impala as Cassie and Dean walk over. “This is a better goodbye than last time” Cassie says as they stop and face each other. “Yeah well maybe this time it will be a little less permanent” Dean said “You know what? I'm a realist, I don't see much hope for us Dean” Cassie says “well I've seen stranger things happen. A hell of a lot stranger” Dean says and Cassie smiles “good bye Dean” Cassie says “I'll see ya Cassie, I will” Dean says and they kiss, and stare into each others eyes. Dean walks over to me and stops as he stands next to me.

Dean holds up the keys to the Impala and I look at him and smile “really” I ask? “Well, you didn't wreck my car” Dean says and Sam smiles at us as I take the keys. “Yet” I said and get in the drivers seat as Sam got in the back and Dean sat next to me before we took off. Dean stares out the window “I like her” I said as Sam pokes his head to the front. “Yeah” Dean says. “You meet someone like her, doesn't it makes you wonder if it's worth it? Putting everything else on hold, doing what we do” Sam asks? Dean looks at Sam then at me, smiles, and puts his sunglasses on.

“Why don't you wake me up when it's my turn to drive” Dean says and slouches down in the seat with a sigh. Sam leans back and watches the trees go by as I drive the Impala.