Dead In The Water Pt. 2

Dean

Sam is working on his laptop while Shelby goes threw dad's journal to see if anything is in it about this. I go through my clothes “so there's the three drowning victims this year” Sam says “any before that” I asked “uh, yeah six more spread out over the past thirty-five years. Those bodies were never recovered either. If there is something out there, it's picking up its pace” Sam says.

I toss a peace of clothing onto the bed “so, what, we got a lake monster on a binge” I ask. “This whole lake monster theory, it just bugs me” Sam say “anything in dad's journal” I asked Shelby “nothing” she says annoyed and closes the journal. Shelby and I walk over to Sam “Loch Ness, uh, Lake Champlain, there are literally hundreds of eyewitness accounts, but here, almost nothing” Sam finishes.

“So, whatever it is out there, no one's living to talk about it” Shelby says and Sam nods. Sam scrolls to the comments section of an article, I stop him and point to one “wait, Barr, Christopher Barr. Where have I heard that name before” I say and Sam reads from the page. “Christopher Barr, the victim in May, Christopher Barr was Andrea's husband, Lucas's father. Apparently he took Lucas out swimming. Lucas was on a floating wooden platform when Chris drowned. Two hours before the kid got rescued” Sam says.

“Maybe we have an eyewitness after all” Sam says and looks at us “no wonder that kid was so freaked out. Watching one of your parents die isn't something you just get over” I say. “Looks like you have to talk to him” I say to Shelby “what, why me” Shelby asked “he seems to like you, and I don't think he'll talk to anyone else” Sam says. Shelby sighs “its a good thing I like kids” Shelby says.

Shelby

Kids are laughing and playing in the park while Andrea sits on a bench and watches Lucas, who is at another bench coloring and playing with toy soldiers. “Can we join you” Sam asks Andrea making her look up “I'm here with my son” she says and I look over at Lucas “mind if I say hi” I asked and she nods with a small smile. I walk over to Lucas while Dean and Sam talk to Andrea.

“Hey” I said as I walk up to Lucas and kneel down next to the bench where he is coloring. Lucas looks up a bit then back down at his drawing making me sigh and picked up one of his toys. “Hey I use to love these things” I said and Lucas looks at the toy “you're a girl”. “Well when you have two brothers and no sisters, you tend to have to get use to playing with them” I said.

Lucas does a small smile and goes back to his drawings. I look over at his drawings “hey, these are pretty good. You mind if I sit and draw with you for a while” I asked and pick up a crayon. I took of my jacket and picked up a pad of paper, and start drawing. I see Lucas's eyes look at the scare that's on my arm. “I got that around you're age, me and my two brothers were little kids,playing outside. I tripped and fell down a hill, rolled 12 times before I finally stopped and cut my arm” I told Lucas.

It was a lie; I actually got the scar when I was trapped with those demons. Lucas was silent again and went back to drawing “you know, I'm thinking you can hear me, you just don't want to talk. I don't know exactly what happened to your dad, but I know it was something real bad. I think I know how you feel. Maybe you don't think anyone will listen to you or believe you. I want you to know that I will, you don't even have to say anything. You could draw me a picture about what you saw that day, with your dad, on the lake. Okay, no problem” I said.