Hell House Pt. 1

Shelby

I'm sitting in the back seat with a short sleeve shirt on while Dean drives and Sam is sound asleep in the passenger seat. Dean looks over and sees Sam sleeping with his mouth open. Dean smiles like he got an idea and I look at him as he feels around then gently places a plastic spoon in Sam's mouth. I cover my face with my hand and giggle a little. Dean grins and flips open his phone and takes a photo, then turns the music up loud.

Dean starts to sing along to the music and Sam jerks up, realizing something is in his mouth, panics and waves his arms as he spits it out. I start laughing as Dean air drums along to the song on the steering wheel then looks over, grinning as Sam wipes his mouth and turns down the music. "Ha ha, very funny you two" "hey that was all Dean" I said putting my hands up. "Sorry, not a lot of scenery here in East Texas, kinda gotta make your own" Dean laughs.

"Man we're not kids anymore Dean, we're not going to start that crap up again" Sam said "start what up" I asked "that prank stuff. It's stupid, and it always escalates" Sam said turning and looking at me before sitting foreword again. "Aw, what's the matter Sammy, scared you're going to get a little Nair in your shampoo again huh" Dean asked and my eyes went wide. "You did what" I asked and Dean laughs as does Sam a little "all right, just remember you started it" Sam says.

Dean laughs and smiles "bring it on baldy" Dean says and Sam shakes his head as how childish Dean is. Where are we anyway" I asked "a few hours outside of Richardson" Dean said and I nodded as I leaned in the backseat and stared out the windows at times. "Gimme the lowdown again" I asked Sam and he pulls out some paper and read it out loud.

"All right, about a month or two ago this group of kids goes poking around in this local haunted house" Sam read "haunted by what" Dean asked "apparently, a pretty misogynistic spirit. Legend goes, it takes girls and strings them up in the rafters. Anyway this group of kids see this dead girl hanging in the cellar" Sam read "anybody ID the corpse" I asked?

"Well, that's the thing. By the time the cops got there the body was gone. So cops are saying the kids were just yanking chains" Sam said "which is never the case" I said and flipped open my phone, seeing a message from Trevor. "How bad are the dreams" Trevor texted me. "Maybe the cops are right" Dean said "maybe, but I read a couple of the kids firsthand accounts. They seemed pretty sincere" Sam said. "Where'd you read these accounts" I asked as I texted Trevor back.

I texted Trevor "bad, I feel like I'm getting lost in them". "Well, I knew we were going to be passing through Texas. So, umm, last night, I surfed some local paranormal websites. And I found one" Sam said embarrassed and I quickly looked up at Sam "and what's it called" Dean asked? "HellHoundsLair.com" Sam says "lemme guess, streaming live out of Mom's basement" Dean said and I grin "no kidding" I said and Sam smiled a little.

"Yeah, most of those websites wouldn't know a ghost if it bit 'em in the persqueeter" Dean said. "Look, we let Dad take off. Which was a mistake, by the way" Sam said "speak for yourself" I said as I looked out the window. "And now we don't know where the hell he is, so meantime we gotta find ourselves something to hunt. There's no harm checking this thing out" Sam said "all right. So where do we find these kids" Dean asked "same place you always find kids in a town like this" Sam said.

We stopped at a Fast Food place and started asking people all of these questions, getting different answers every time. Dean looks at Sam and I with his eyes raised "ok" "and.... how'd you find out about this place anyway" Sam asked and everyone had the same answer "Craig". We walked into the music shop where this Craig worked at and walk over to behind the counter "can I help you guys with anything" Craig asked with a smile.

"Yeah, are you Craig Thurston" I asked "I am" Craig said with a nod "well we're reporters with the Dallas Morning News. I'm Dean, this is Sam, and Shelby" "no way, well I'm writer too. I write for my school's lit magazine" Craig said "well, good for you Morrissey" Dean said "umm, we're doing an article on local hauntings and rumor has it you might know of one" Sam said. "You mean the Hell House" Craig asked "that's the one" I said "I didn't think there was anything to the story" Craig said.