Home Pt. 2

Shelby

Dean, Sam, and I are at Guenther's Auto Repair and we're talking to the owner of the garage. “So you and John Winchester, you used to own this garage together” Dean asks “yeah, we used to, a long time ago. Matter of fact, it must be, twenty years since John disappeared. So why the cops interested all of a sudden” the owner asks? “oh, we’re re-opening some of our unsolved cases, and the Winchester disappearance is one of ‘em” Dean says. “Oh, well, what do you wanna know about John” the owner asks? “Well, whatever you remember, you know, whatever sticks out in your mind” I said. “Well, he was a stubborn bastard, I remember that” the owner says.

The owner laughs “and, uh, whatever the game, he hated to lose, you know? It’s that whole Marine thing. But, oh, he sure loved Mary, and he loved those kids, all three of them” the owner said. “He was so happy he finally had a daughter, but he loved his two sons too” the owner said and I couldn't help but smile. “But that was before the fire” Sam asked? “That’s right” the owner said “he ever talk about that night” Sam asked? “No, not at first, I think he was in shock” the owner said. “Right, but eventually, what did he say about it” Sam asked?

“Oh, he wasn’t thinking straight. He said something caused that fire and killed Mary” the owner said. “He ever say what did it” I asked “nothing did it. It was an accident, an electrical short in the ceiling or walls or something. I begged him to get some help, but” he stopped talking. “But what” Dean asked “oh, he just got worse and worse” “how” Dean asked? “Oh, he started reading these strange old books. He started going to see this palm reader in town”.

“Palm reader, do you have a name” Dean asked and the owner scoffed “no”. We get back in the car and head to a payphone, where Sam is looking through a phone book. “All right, so there are a few psychics and palm readers in town. There’s someone named El Divino. There’s, uh” Sam starts to laugh “there’s the Mysterious Mister Fortinsky. Uh, Missouri Moseley” Sam starts “wait, wait. Missouri Moseley” Dean asked “what” Sam asked confused “that's a psychic” Dean asked? “Yeah, I guess so” Sam said.

Dean goes into the backseat of the car and pulls out John’s journal. “In Dad’s journal, here, look at this” Dean says and opens to the first page as Sam takes the journal and I look over his shoulder. “First page, first sentence, read that” Dean says. Sam starts to read “I went to Missouri and I learned the truth”. Dean shrugs “I always thought he meant the state” he says with a smile.

We go to Missouri's house and we're waiting on the couch. She escorting a man out of the house. “All right there, don’t you worry about a thing. Your wife is crazy about you” Missouri says and the man thanks her and she closes the front door behind him. “Whew, poor bastard. His woman is cold banging the gardener” she says “why didn’t you tell him” Dean asked? “People don’t come here for the truth, they come for good news” she says. Dean, Sam, and I look at her.

“Well, Sam, Dean, and Shelby, come on already, I ain’t got all day” Missouri says and leaves the room. We exchange a confused look and follow her into the next room. “Well, lemme look at ya” she laughs. “Oh, you boys grew up handsome, and you Shelby, why the last time I say you, you we're only little” she said. Missouri points a finger at Dean “and you were one goofy looking kid, too”. Sam and I try not to laugh as Dean glares at her. “Sam” Missouri says and grabs his hand “oh, honey, I’m sorry about your girlfriend” she says.

We look at her shocked “and your father, he’s missing” Missouri asks. “How’d you know all that” Sam asked? “Well, you were just thinking it just now” she says and Sam raises his eyebrows, surprised. “Well, where is he” Dean asked “is he okay” I quick ask after. “I don’t know” she says “don’t know? Well, you’re supposed to be a psychic, right” Dean asks? “Boy, you see me sawing some bony tramp in half? You think I’m a magician? I may be able to read thoughts and sense energies in a room, but I can’t just pull facts out of thin air. Sit, please” she says and Dean looks surprised.