Faith Pt.1

Shelby

Sam, Dean, and I park the car and open the trunk, Dean grabs two tasers. “What do you got those amped up to” Sam asks Dean “a hundred thousand volts” Dean said. “Damn” Sam said “no kidden” I said “yeah, I want this rawhead extra frickin' crispy. And remember, you only get one shot with these things. So make it count” Dean said and close the trunk. We headed inside the small, old house and moved down the basement stairs with guns and flashlights. I turn when I hear s noise by a cupboard. I quick open the cupboard and aim my flashlight in to see a young boy and girl are crouched inside, covering their ears.

“Is it still here” Sam whispers to them and the children nod. “Ok” Dean says to the boy “grab your sister's hand, come on, we gotta get you out of here. Let's go, let's go” he says and we move to the stairs. Sam starts to take the children upstairs, a hand grabs his legs, knocking him back down. The children scream and run to the top of the stairs. “Sam” Dean yells and shoots the taser but miss.

“Sam, get 'em outta here” I yell and Sam throws Dean his taser “here, take this” Sam says before running up the stairs and moves the children out of sight. “Come on” Dean yells as I stand behind him, shinning my flashlight around. A ragged, hairy creature leaps up and shoves Dean backwards. Dean loses his weapons and flashlight as he falls. “Dean” I yell and look foreword to see the creature. He grabs me by the neck and throws me to some old furniture. I feel something sharp go threw my side and cringe in pain.

Dean glances around, scrambles across puddles of water to grab the taser and releases it toward the creature as it moves toward him, electrocuting him. Electricity moves from the creature through the water lying on the ground to Dean. They both shake and twitch, the creature falls, Dean loses consciousness. “Dean” I say as Sam runs down the stairs and sees Dean in the corner, unmoving. “Dean” Sam says and runs over to him, half lifting him, holding his face. “Dean, hey, hey” Sam says shaking him as I black out.

Sam

Right now I'm at the hospital, standing at the desk with a receptionist. “Sir, I'm so sorry to ask. There doesn't seem to be any insurance on file” the receptionist says “right, uh, ok” I say and take out a card from my wallet and hands it to the girl. She glances at the card “okay, Mr. Burkovitz” she says. I look over to see two cops waiting and walk over “look, we can finish this up later” one police officer says to me. “No, no, it's okay. We were just taking a shortcut through the neighborhood. And, um, the windows were rolled down, we heard some screaming when we drove past the house, and we stopped. Ran in” I told them.

“And you found the kids in the basement” the cop asks? “Yeah” I ay “well, thank God you did” the cop says and I see a doctor walking towards us. “Excuse me” I say to the cop and they nod “sure, thanks for your help” the cop says. “Hey Doc, is he” I ask the doctor. “He's resting, the electrocution triggered a heart attack. Pretty massive, I'm afraid. His heart, it's damaged” the doctor says. “How damaged” I ask afraid of the answer.

“We've done all we can, we can try and keep him comfortable at this point. But, I'd give him a couple weeks, at most, maybe a month” the doctor says. “And my sister” I ask “well, a old chair must have broke and part of it went threw her side, we patched her up and stopped the bleeding, right now you just have to let her rest, make sure she doesn't tear anything” the doctor said to me. “Anything else” I ask “I try to make sire she stays off her feet, if she does need to stand then have her lean on something, she's very lucky”.

I nod upset “we can't work miracles, I really am sorry” the doctor says and I nod holding back my tears before heading to Deans room. He's flipping threw the channels and looks pale and has dark circles under his eyes. Dean keeps his eyes on the TV when he talks , sounding weak. “Have you ever actually watched daytime TV, it's terrible” he says and I shake my head and sigh “I talked to the doctor” I told Dean. “How's Shelby” Dean asks before I could say anything else.