Sammy Pt. 2

Dean

I walk out of the Gas Station carrying junk food while Sam is sitting in the shotgun seat with the door open, rifling through a box of tapes. “Hey” I say as Sam leans out and looks at me “you want breakfast” “no, thanks” Sam says as Shelby leans on the car. I throw her a bag of chips and some water. “So how'd you pay for that stuff, you and dad still running credit card scams” Sam asks as Shelby put the food in the back seat.

“And Shelby now, besides hunting ain't exactly a pro ball career” I say as I put the nozzle back on the pump. “Besides, all we do is apply, it's not our fault they send us the cards” “yeah? And what names did you write on the application this time” Sam asks as Shelby hits me in the arm and I hit her back. We get back in the car “Uh, Burt Aframian, his son Hector, and his daughter Madison. Scored three cards out of the deal” I say as I close the door.

“That sounds about right, I swear, man, you've gotta update your tape collection” Sam says as he looks threw my tapes “why” “well, for one, they're cassette tapes, and two” Sam holds up a tape for every band he names “Black Sabbath? Motorhead? Metallica”? I take the box from Sam as he laughs “it's the greatest hits of mullet rock” Sam says “well, house rules, Sammy” I say and pop a tape in the player.

“Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole” I say “and what does Shelby do” Sam asks with a smile as Shelby peeks her head foreword. “I hit him in the back of the head to change the song”. I drop tape back in the box and starts the engine as music starts up “you know, Sammy is a chubby twelve-year-old, it's Sam, okay” Sam says “sorry, I can't hear you, the music's too loud” I yell over the music with a smile and drive off.

Sam is talking on his cell phone as we drive “thank you” Sam says and closes his phone “all right. So, there's no one matching Dad at the hospital or morgue, so that's something, I guess” Sam says. I glance over at Sam, then back at the road. A bridge ahead of us where there are two police cars and several officers. “Check it out” I say as Sam leans forward for a closer look and Shelby peeks her head foreword.

I pull over and take a long look before I turn off the engine and open the glove compartment and pull out a box full of ID cards with Shelby's, John's (aka dad), and my faces on them. We have FBI and DEA. Shelby and I pick one out and I grin at Sam who stares as us for a second.

“Let's go” I said and get out of the car as does Shelby and Sammy. “You fellas had another one like this just last month, didn't you” I ask as Jaffe looks up at us “and who are you”. Shelby and I flash our badges “Federal marshals” Shelby says “you three a little young for marshals, aren't you”. I laugh “thanks, that's awfully kind of you” Shelby and I walk over to the car.

“You did have another one just like this, correct” Shelby asks Jaffe “yeah, that's right. About a mile up the road, there's been others before that” “so, this victim, you knew him” Sam asks? Jaffe nods “town like this, everybody knows everybody” “any connection between the victims, besides that they're all men” I ask.

“No, not so far as we can tell” Jaffe says as San walks over to Shelby and I “so what's the theory” “honestly, we don't know. Serial murder, kidnapping ring, we don't know” “well, that is exactly the kind of crack police work I'd expect out of you guys” I say and Sam stomps on my foot. “Thank you for your time” Sam say and starts to walk away while we fallow. I smack Sam on the head “ow, what was that for” Sam asks.

“Why'd you have to step on my foot” Dean asks “why do you have to talk to the police like that” Sam ask. I look at Sam and move in front of him, forcing him to stop walking and for Shelby to run into Sam. “Come on, they don't really know what's going on. We're all alone on this. I mean, if we're going to find Dad we've got to get to the bottom of this thing ourselves” I say.

“Um you guys” Shelby says looking over my shoulder making me turn and see the Sheriff and two FBI agents looking at us. “Can I help you guys” the sheriff asks “no, sir, we were just leaving” I say and turn back around, heading to my car, and driving off. We come to a dinner “why don't you two talk to these girls and I'll go see if I can find anything” Shelby says to us as we get out of the car.

“No” I quickly say “we are not going to be doing this all over again with you getting kidnapped -” I start “I'll be fine Dean” Shelby says and heads to the library. I sigh and Sam and I head inside to talk to the girls.

Shelby

After a half an hour Dean and Sam walk over to me where I'm on the computer “hey find anything” I ask them “well apparently there's a legend that one girl, she got murdered out on Centennial a while back and supposedly she's still out there. She hitchhikes, and whoever picks her up, disappear forever” Sam says. “Well I found something out as well” I say as the both sit next to me.

“So I typed in the words Female Murder Hitchhiking and nothing so I tried something other things and again nothing. Then I though, maybe it's not murder and typed in Female Suicide Hitchhikes and this is what I found” I said and an article comes up entitled Suicide on Centennial. “It pretty much says that this was 1981, Constance Welch, twenty-four years old, jumps off Sylvania Bridge, drowns in the river” I said and scroll down showing a pitcher.

“Does it say why she did it” Dean asks “yeah, an hour before they found her, she calls 911. Apparently her two little kids are in the bathtub. She leaves them alone for a minute, and when she comes back, they aren't breathing, both die” I scroll down some more and show them the pitcher of a bridge. “That bridge look familiar to you” I ask them with my arms crossed.

It's the same bridge from before. “Good job, come on” Dean say patting me on the shoulder and we head out.