Rout 666 Pt. 1

Shelby

Sam is standing next to Dean's car, looking at a map that is laid out on top of the car while I lean on the car next to him. Dean is on the phone talking to who knows who. "Ok, I think I found a way we can bypass that construction just east of here. We might even make Pennsylvania faster than we thought" Sam said. "Yeah, well if I was driving then maybe we could get there even faster" I said. Dean lowered his phone and looking thoughtfu0 "yeah, problem is, we're not going to Pennsylvania" Dean said "we what" Sam asked?

"I just got a call from an, uh, old friend. Her father was killed last night, think it might be our kind of thing" Dean said. "An "old friend"" I said "believe me, she never woulda called, never, if she didn't need us" Dean says and gets into the Impala "come on, are you coming or not" Dean says to us. I sigh and throw my jacket in the backseat before getting in myself while Sam gets in the passenger seat.

We cruise down the road, fields on one side, a lake on the other "by old friend you mean" Sam started "a friend that's not new" Dean says as he drives. "And by not new friend you mean hooked up with someone" I said in the backseat and Dean glared at me threw the review mirror. "Anyway, so her name's Cassie huh? You never mentioned her" Sam said "didn't I"? There was a long pause as Sam looks at Dean expectantly "yeah, we went out" Dean said.

"You mean you dated somebody, for more than one night" Sam asks "and you didn't tell m, where was I when all of this was happening" I asked poking my head into the front seat. "Hell" Dean said and I nodded "am I speaking a language you're not getting here? Dad and I were working a job in Ohio, she was finishing up college. We went out for a coupla weeks" Dean said to Sam. "And" Sam asked making Dean shrug slightly "look, it's terrible about her dad, but it kinda sounds like a standard car accident. I'm not seeing how it fits with what we do. Which by the way, how does she know what we do" Sam asked?

Dean is silent "you told her. You told her, the secret, our big family rule number one. We do what we do and we shut up about it. For a year and a half I do nothing but lie to Jessica, and you go out with this chick in Ohio a coupla times and you tell her everything" Sam asks mad. Dean just stairs straight ahead "Dean" Sam says mad "yeah, looks like" Dean said and continues staring ahead and put's his foot down. I roll my eyes and slump into the backseat. "For your sake, sh better be nice" I said.

We head into an office to see two men talking to a girl. "Jimmy, you're too close to this. Those guys were friends of yours. Again, Cassie, I'm very sorry for your loss" a guy says and leaves the girl that I was guessing was Cassie. She sighs and turns around, looking straight at Dean. She looks slightly apprehensive, Dean nods at her and grins. "Dean" she says in a soft voice "hey Cassie" Dean says. They stare at each other for a long moment, not speaking. Sam and I watch smiling to ourselves. I clear my throut pulling Dean out of his thoughts.

"Um, this my brother Sam and my sister Shelby" Dean says and Cassie smiles at us and we smile back at her. Her gaze returns to Dean "sorry bout your dad" Dean says to her "yeah, me too" she says and they keep staring at each other. We head to Cassie's house and sit in the lounge room. Cassie carries in a tray of tea and cups "my mothers in pretty bad shape. I've been staying with her. I wish she wouldn't go off by herself. She's been so nervous and frightened. She was worried about dad" Cassie said.

"Why" dean asked as Cassie pours some tea "he was scared. He was seeing things" Cassie said "like what" Dean asked "he swore he saw an awful-looking black truck following him". "A truck, who was the driver" I asked as she hands us a cup of tea "he didn't talk about a driver. Just the truck. He said it would appear and disappear. And, in the accident, Dad's car was dented, like it had been slammed into by something big" Cassie said.

"Now you're sure this dent wasn't there before" Sam asks? Dean and I look at the tea before setting in on a side table. "He sold cars, always drove a new one. There wasn't a scratch on that thing. It had rained hard that night. There was mud everywhere. There was a distinct set of muddy tracks leading from dad's car, leading right to the edge, where he went over" Cassie says and bows her head, getting her emotions under control. "One set of tracks, his" Cassie said.