Dead Man's Blood Pt. 2

Shelby

Dean is on the phone with dad "yeah Dad. All right, got it" Dean says and hangs up, "pull off at the next exit" Dean says. "Why" Sam asks angrily "cause Dad thinks we've got the vampire's trail" Dean says. "How" Sam asks very angrily "I don't know; he didn't say". Sam guns the engine, Dean and I look at him like he's crazy. Dean and I turn to look at John's truck as Sam overtakes it and passes it. Once in front Sam slams on the brakes, causing the Impala to swerve sideways in front of John's truck. They both stop.

"Oh crap, here we go, Shelby stay in the car" Dean says as Sam get out of the car. "No way" I say and follow Dean out of the car. Sam and dad, who is also out of his truck, both looking angry. "Sam" Dean calls "what the hell was that" John asks "we need to talk" Sam says. John comes to a halt face to face with Sam "about what"?

"About everything, where we going Dad. What's the big deal about this gun" Sam says "Sammy, come on, we can Q and A after we kill all the vampires" Dean says and I stand next to him. "Your brother's right, we don't have time for this" John says "last time we saw you, you said it was too dangerous for us to be together. Now out of the blue you need our help. Now obviously something big is going down, and we wanna know what" Sam yells.

"Get back in the car" John says "no" Sam said "I said get back in the damn car" John yells. "Yeah, and I said no" Sam said. "Ok, enough you two, look we're all tired, we can talk about this later. Now come on Sam" I say not in the mood and grab him, pushing him slightly to the car.

Sam mumbles as he heads towards the car "this is why I left in the first place". "What' you say" John asks and Sam turns back "you heard me" "yeah, you left. Your brother, sister, and me, we needed you. You walked away, Sam" Dad yelled. "Sam" Dean started and John yells in Sam's face "you walked away"!! "Stop it both of you" Dean says. "You're the one who said don't come back Dad, you closed that door not me. You were just pissed off that you couldn't control me anymore" Sam yells.

Dean forces them apart before they do anything stupid "listen, stop it, stop it. Stop it!! That's enough" Dean yells and Sam and John stare at each other over Dean's head. Dean looks at dad "that means you too" he says. "Sam gets into the Impala. Dad turns back to his car. Dean and I stand in the middle before Dean looks between Sam and John before looking up to the sky. "Terrific, come on" Dean said and puts his hand on my back, leading me to the car.

We head to the vampires nest and watch as a beat up Camaro pulls in. Luther, in a t-shirt, comes out to meet it, holding the door open and shading his eyes from the sun. "I know what time it is" the vampire says to Luther. "Get in" Luther says before going back inside.

We're hiding in the tree's watching "son of a bitch. So they're really not afraid of the sun" Dean asks? "Ahh, direct sunlight hurts like a nasty sunburn. The only way to kill 'em is by beheading. And yeah, they sleep during the day doesn't mean they won't wake up" John says.

"So I guess walking right in's not our best option" Dean said. "Actually, that's the plan" John says and we head back to the car and truck. We start to weapon up and Dean looks at dad "dad, I've got an extra machete if you need one". Dean holds it up but dad unveils a massive shiny serrated edge machete from a leather holder. "I think I'm ok, thanks" John says. "Wow" Dean says when he see's it.

"So, you kids really wanna know about this Colt" dad asks with a sigh. "Yes sir" Sam says. "It's just a story, a legend really. Well I thought it was. Never really believed it until I read Daniel's letter" John says to us.

"Back in 1835, when Halley's comet was overhead, the same night those men died at the Alamo. They say Samuel Colt made a gun. A special gun. He made it for a hunter, a man like us only on horseback. Story goes he made thirteen bullets, and this hunter used the gun a half dozen times before he disappeared, the gun along with him. And somehow Daniel got his hands on it. They say, they say this gun can kill anything" John says.