Something Wicked Pt. 3

Shelby

Sam, Dean, and I are watch the security camera feed closely "what time is it" Dean asks? "Three, you sure these iron rounds are gonna work" Sam asked "consecrated iron rounds, and yeah it's what Dad used last time" Dean said. "Hey Dean I'm sorry" Sam said and Dean look's at him confused "for what"? "You know, I've really given you a lot of crap, for always following Dad's orders. But I know why you do it" Sam said "oh, god, kill me now" Dean said and Sam and I laugh softly before sitting in silence again.

"Wait, look" Dean said and there is movement outside the window. It slides open and Sam, Dean, and I pick up our guns. The shtriga is inside Michael's room. "Now" Sam ask" not yet" Dena says. The shtriga moves closer and leans over the bed, Michael is terrified but frozen, unable to move. The shtriga leans closer and opens his mouth, starting to draw Michael's energy.

We finally burst in the room "hey" Sam yells "Michael, down" Dean yells and Michael rolls off and under the bed. Sam, Dean, and I open fire, shooting the shtriga multiple times each. It falls to the ground "Mike, you all right" Dean ask "yeah" he says from under the bed "just sit tight" Dean says.

Dean approaches the shtriga, gun at the ready. There is no movement. He relaxes slightly and glances at Sam and I. The shtriga suddenly rises, grabs Dean by the throat and throws him against the wall "Dean" Sam and I yell. The shtriga moves and throws Sa to another wall.

The shtriga looks at me and pins me hard against the wall, wrapping its hands around my throat. The shtriga forces y mouth open as I struggle to reach my gun. Suddenly I'm still as it draws my energy out. I feel my eyes starting to turn black when Dean yells "hey and the shtriga looks up and Dean and Sa, both shoot it between the eyes. He falls backwards and I lay gasping for breath. "You ok little sister" Dean asks?

I nod and unsteadily hold up two thumbs-up. We all pull ourselves up to our feet and look at the shtriga. The energy the shtriga stole begins to escape from its mouth. Dean raises his gun, shooting it three more times at point blank range. More energy escapes and the shtriga falls in on itself, disintegrating. Michael peeks from the side of the bed "it's ok, Michael, you can come on out" Dean said and he comes to stand besides us.

Dean places his hand on Michael's shoulder and they both smile.

That morning we start to pack our things and ready the Impala to leave. Michael's mom comes outside "hey, Joanna. How's Asher doing" Dean asked "have you seen Michael" she ask? "Mom, mom" Michael yells and they hug "how's Ash" "got some good news. Your brother's gonna fine" "really" Michael asks happy. "Yeah really, no one can explain it, it's a miracle. They're going to keep him in overnight for observation and then he's coming home".

"That's great" I said with a smile "how are all the other kids doing" Sam asked? "Good, real good, a bunch of them should be checking out in a few days. Dr. Travis says the ward's going to be like a ghost town" Joanna said. "Dr. Travis, what about Dr. Heidacker" Sam asked? "Oh he wasn't in today. Must have been sick or something" she says. "Yeah, must have" Dean asks with a smile.

"So, did anything happen while I was gone" Joanna asked and Michael glances at us "nah, same old stuff". "Ok, you can go see Ash" "now" Michael asks happy "only if you want to" she says. Michael looks to Dean who nods slightly and Michael runs to the car. "I'd better get going before he hotwires the car and drives himself" Joanna says and smiles goodbye before leaving.

We turn back to the Impala and close the trunk "it's too bad" Sam said "they'll be fine" Dean said. "That's not what I meant. I meant Michael. He'll always know there are things out there in the dark, he'll never be the same, you know? Sometimes I wish that we could have that kinda innocence" Sam said. We watch Joanna and Michael drive away. "If it means anything, sometimes I wish you two could too" Dean said.

We all exchange a look before we get in the car and pull out of the motel car park and back onto the freeway.