Skin Pt. 2

Shelby

Dean, Sam and I are sitting in Rebecca's living room, watching the security footage. “Here he comes” Rebecca says “22:04, that’s just after ten. You said time of death was about 10:30” Dean says to her. “Our lawyers hired some kind of video expert, he says the tape’s authentic. It wasn’t tampered with” Rebecca said as Sam seems to notice something on the tap “hey, Bec, can we take those beers now” Sam says and she nodds “sure” she says before getting up and going into the kitchen.

“Maybe some sandwiches, too” Sam asks with a smile “what do you think this is, Hooters” Rebecca asks with a laugh before leaving. “I wish” Dean says, making me hit him in the arm. “Ow” Dean says rubbing his arm as he walks over to Sam “what is it” I asked “ check this out”. He rewinds the tape, then replays it, one of the frames shows Zack looking directly at the camera. His eyes are silver. Sam pauses the tape “well, maybe it’s just a camera flare” Dean says.

“Is it ever” I said crossing my arms “that’s not like any camera flare I’ve ever seen. You know, a lot of cultures believe that a photograph can catch a glimpse of the soul. Remember that dog that was freakin’ out? Maybe he saw this thing, maybe this is some kind of dark double of Zack’s, something that looks like him but isn’t him” Sam said. “Like a Doppelganger” I said “yeah, it’d sure explain how he was two places at once” Sam said.

We got in the car and park behind Zack's house before getting out. “Alright, so what are we doin’ here at 5:30 in the morning” Dean asks a little mad while he holds a drink in his hand. “I realized something, the videotape shows the killer going in, but not coming out”. “So, he came out the back door” Dean said, leaning against the hood of his car. “Right, so there should be a trail to follow, a trail the police would never pursue” Sam said walking towards the house.

“‘Cause they think the killer never left, and they caught your friend Zack inside. I still don’t know what we’re doin’ here at 5:30 in the morning” Dean grumbles the last part as I lay my head on his shoulder and close my eyes trying to get a little more sleep. Sam looks around the outside of the building, and notices something nearby “blood” Sam says me open my eyes and straighten up a little. “Somebody came this way” Sam said “yeah, but the trail ends. I don’t see anything over here” Dean says looking at the ground

Suddenly an ambulance drives past us and we all exchange a look before getting in the car and driving over to where the ambulance drove too. We walk over and watch “what happened” I asked a nearby women. “He tried to kill his wife, tied her up and beat her” the woman said “really” Sam asks? “I used to see him going to work in the morning. He’d wave, say hello. He seemed like such a nice guy” the women says as an Asian guy gets put in a police car.

Sam is checking the back while Dean and I are checking the front of the house. Sam comes around the corner of the house and walks over to us “remember when I said this wasn’t our kind of problem” Dean said “yeah” Sam said “well he was wrong, as usual” I said getting a annoying look. “Definitely our kind of problem, I just talked to the patrolman who was first on the scene, heard this guy, Alex’s story. Apparently the dude was driving home from a business trip when his wife was attacked” Dean said.

“So, he was two places at once” Sam asks “yup” I said “then he sees himself in the house, police think he’s a nutjob” Dean said. “Two dark doubles attacking loved ones in exactly the same way” Sam said. “Could be the same thing doin’ it, too” Dean said making Sam think “shape shifter” I said making Dean and Sam look at me. “Something that can make itself look like anyone, fits perfectly” I said.