Scarecrow Pt. 3

Shelby

I open my eyes and look around to see I'm in a cellar “Shelby” Dean says and shakes me. Suddenly, the cellar door opens and Emily is there, being held by her aunt and uncle. She is crying as she talks “aunt Stacy, uncle Harley, please” she cries as they bring her down the stairs, next to Dean and grab me. “Hey, let her go” Dean says but two guys hold him as I'm being yanked out of the cellar and they close the doors. I can hear Dean banging on the door yelling “let her go, if you do anything to her I'll kill you”.

I look as everyone they we had saw in the town was standing there, “you'll never get away with this” I say and I'm yanked away. “Why are you doing this” I say to the guy that's holding me “for the common good” the man says. “Then why do you need me” I ask “for a appetizer or if something goes wrong” the man says and yanks me away to the car. I'm put in the back of the police car and the police officer drives to the orchard. I keep trying the door but it won't budge so I look around the back seat to see what I can find but find nothing.

I sigh and look around for my cellphone to find it in my pocket. I look foreword to see the police officer is still driving. Surprisingly I actually know how to get out of the back of a police car. I mess with the lock until finally comes up and the door is unlock. I quick open the door and jump out, rolling on the hard road. I groan in pain and look up to see the police car stopped. I quick stand up and run into the nearby woods. I run as fast as I can until I stop and hide behind a tree. I'm silent and hear the sheriff stop close by me but turns around, gets back in his car, turns the car around, and drives off. I quick pull out my phone and call Sam.

Dean

I'm trying to open the cellar door, but am failing “dam it” I say mad “who was that girl” “my little sister” I say mad. “I don’t understand, they’re gonna kill us” Emily asked me “sacrifice us. Which is, I don’t know, classier, I guess” I say and walk over to her. “You really didn’t know anything about this, did you” I ask “about what, the scarecrow god? I can’t believe this” she says mad. “Well, you better start believing, cause I’m gonna need your help” I say to her and she nods. “Okay” Emily says.

“Now, we can destroy the scarecrow, but we gotta find the tree” I tell Emily “what about your sister”? “She can take care of herself” I tell Emily and sigh, hoping that she will be. “What tree are you talking about” Emily ask “maybe you can help me with that. It would be really old. The locals would treat it with a lot of respect, you know, like it was sacred” I say.

“There was this one apple tree, the immigrants brought it over with them. They call it the First Tree” Emily says “is it in the orchard” I ask “yeah, but I don’t know where” Emily says and shakes her head. The cellar door opens and the four elders are standing there. Scotty is pointing a gun at us “it’s time” Stacy says and Emily and I look at each other, nervous.

Emily and I are dragged to the Orchard and the elders are tying Emily and I to two adjacent trees. “Where's my sister” I ask the sheriff but he doesn't say a word. “I swear if you did anything to her I will kill you myself” I say mad. Again, he's silent “how many people have you killed, Sheriff? How much blood is on your hands” I ask “we don’t kill them” the sheriff finally speaks. “No, but you sure cover up after. I mean, how many cars have you hidden, clothes have you buried” I ask and the sheriff walks away.