Salvation Pt. 2

Shelby

Sam, Dean, and I sit outside Monica's house. The girl that Sam suspects will be burned tonight. The colt sits between Dean and Sam while I watch the house from the backseat. We watch through the window as Monica and her husband finish dinner. "Maybe we could tell em it was a gas leak. Might get em out of the house for a few hours" Sam said.

"Yeah and how many times has that actually worked for us" Dean asked? "Yeah" Sam said and nods "we could always tell em the truth" Sam says and we all look at each other before saying at the same time "nah"! "I know I know. I just, with what's coming for these folks" Sam starts. "Sam we only got one move and you know it, all right? We gotta wait for that demon to show itself and then we get it before it gets them" Dean said.

We all look back at the house for a while "I wonder how Dad's doing" I said. "I'd feel a lot better if we were there backing him up" Dean said. "I'd feel a lot better if he were here backing us up" Sam said and I nod. "He you let us know if you feel anything okay" Dean said to me, glancing over his shoulder at me. "Got it" I said and solute him before returning back to the house.

After a few moments of silence Sam speaks again "this is weird". "A lot of things are in this world. You're going to have to be a little bit more specific" I said from the back seat. "I mean, after all of these years we're finally here. It doesn't seem real" Sam said "we just gotta keep our heads and do our job, like always" Dean said. "Yeah but this isn't like always" Sam said and I nod "true".

"Dean, Shelby, I wanna thank you" Sam said surprising us "for what" Dena asked? "For everything. You two have always had my back you know? Even when I couldn't count on anyone I could always count on you two. And, I don't know I just wanted to let you know, just in case" Sam said.

"Whoa whoa whoa, are you kidding me" Dean asks "what" Sam asked? "Don't say just in case something happens to you. I don't wanna hear that freaking speech man. Nobody's dying tonight. Not us, not that family, nobody. Except that demon. That evil son of a bitch ain't getting any older than tonight, you understand me" Dean said and Sam nods.

"Well, in that case" I said and poked my head up to the front seat. "I get to drive on the way back to the motel" I said with a smile and Dean rolled his eyes. "Fine" he said and I smiled before saying "yes" to myself. Dean tried to call dad but sighed "Dad's not answering" he said and hung up. "Maybe Meg was late. Maybe cell reception's bad" I said hoping for the best.

"Yeah well" Dean starts and the radio starts chattering with static. "Dean wait. Listen" Sam says and rolls the dial on the radio, hearing more static come and go. The wind picks up and the lights in the house flicker. I poke my head up to the front seat "it's coming" I say and we all get out of the car and run towards the house. Dean uses a card to slide the lock on the front door open and we enter silently.

As we approach the lounge, Sam is first, then Dean, then me. Dean is confronted by Monica's husband. He swings a bat at Dean's head, making me quickly take a couple steps back as he misses, smashing a lamp. "Get out of my house" he yells and Dean quickly closes in and grapples with him, grabbing the bat. "Get out of my house" he yells again.

"Please please. Mr Holden please" Sam says and Dan easily takes control, swinging him against the wall and holding the bat across his throat. "Be quiet and listen to me. Be quiet and listen. We are trying to help you" Dean said. Monica's voice comes from upstairs "Charlie? Is everything okay" she cals down and the Mr. Holden yells up "Monica get the baby".

Sam quickly yells "Don't go in the nursery" he yells and runs up the stairs. "You stay away from her" Mr. Holden yells and struggles to get away from Dean before elbowing him, knocking the breath out of Dean. "Hey" I said and Mr. Holden turns to look at me. I punch him hard across the face, knocking him unconscious. Dean looks at me surprised for a brief moment and I shrug as Dean puts him over his shoulder in a fireman's lift and takes him outside.

I run up the stairs with Dean behind me. Monica stands, trying to move toward the cot, and is caught by Sam. "My baby" Monica yells over and over as Dean and I run past him to the cot. "Take her and go" Dean yells and Sam gets Monica out. Dean quickly wraps the blankets around the baby and pulls her up as the cot explodes into flame. He races out of the room.

I'm right behind him as he runs outside. Right before I can get outside the front door closes, locking me inside. I try to turn the knock and bang on the door but it won't budge. "Shelby, Shelby" Dean and Sam yell as they try to open the door. I run to the kitchen where a sliding glass door is but it won't budge either.

Dean and Sam run towards the glass as I turn around and see the yellow eye demon. He looks at me and seems to smile a little. Fear takes over me as the fire moves threw out the house. I quickly turn back towards the door and bang on it "let me out, let me out" I yell as Sam and Dean both try and break it down. "Run, go" I yell to them and run away from the glass, coughing as the fire starts around me.

I look around and see the front door. I hold out my hand and the front door breaks off its hinges, flying open. I run towards the door, running outside just as the house explodes behind me. I jump and land on the grass, coughing as Sam and Dean run by my side. "Shelby, Shelby" Dena yells and I say in between coughs "I'm okay, I'm okay".

Dean, Sam, and I kneel on the ground and look at the burning house. The demon is silhouetted in the burning nursery, standing completely still. Sam starts to go back inside 'it's still in there" he says and Dean quickly stands and grabs him "Sam. Sam, no" "Dean let me go, it's still in there" Sam says struggling.

"No. It's burning to the ground, it's suicide" Dean yells "I don't care" Sam yells "I do" Dean says makes Sam look at him. "Sam" I say form the ground and he looks over at me "don't". I shake my head to him and he sighs before we look back up as the flames rise again and the demon disappears.

Sam, Dean, and I headed back to the motel and I get cleaned up. I sit on the bed, laying my back against the head board as Dean paces while holding the phone to his ear, listening to it ring out. Sam sits on the other bed. "Come on Dad, answer your phone damn it" Dean says frustrated. Dean finally hangs up "somethings wrong".

Sam stares at the wall, looking mad "you hear me, somethings wrong" Dean said a bit mad. "If you had just let me go in there, I coulda ended all this" Sam said "Sam, the only thing you would have ended was your life" Dean said. "You don't know that" Sam said looking at Dean. "Really, because Shelby almost got burnt to a crisp" Dean said pointing to me as I watched them in silent.

Sam is silent "so what, you're just willing to sacrifice yourself, is that it" Dean asked walking towards the bed. Sam stands up "yeah, yeah you're damn right I am" Sam said. "Well that's not going to happen, not as long as I'm around" Dean said and starts to walk away but stops when Sam speaks.

"What the hell are you talking about Dean, we've been searching for this demon our whole lives. It's the only thing we've ever cared about" Sam said mad. "Sam I wanna waste it. I do. Okay? But it's not worth dying over" Dean said "what" Sam asked? "I mean it. If hunting this demon means getting you or our sister killed then I hope we never find the damn thing" Dena yells.

"That thing killed Jess. That thing killed Mom" Sam said "you said yourself once, that no matter what we do, they're gone, and they're never coming back" Dean said. Sam totally loses it, grabs Dean and shoves him hard against the wall. I quickly stand up "Sam" I say and Sam speaks angrily and upsettingly "don't you say that, not you! Not after all this don't you say that.

Dean answers quietly "Sam look. The four of us, that's all we have, and it's all I have. Sometimes I feel like I'm barely holding it together man, and without you or Shelby or Dad" Dean starts and Sam looks upset "Dad" he says and lets go and turns away, walking across the room past me. Dean stays where he is, taking deep breaths. Sam takes a deep breath, holding back the tears "he should have called by now. Try him again" Sam says and takes a deep breath.

Dean raises his phone "you kids really screwed up this time" Meg's voice says and Dean looks angry "where is he" Dean asked? "You're never going to see your father again" Meg says and Dean, Sam, and I look at each other shocked and mad.

Two or three chapters left till I'm done with this book. I will be making a sequel so please comment :)