Something Wicked Pt. 1

Dean

The Impala cruises down a country road as Sam and I talk about a case and Shelby is still asleep in the backseat as the sun is rising. "Yeah, you probably missed something, that's what" I said "dude, I ran LexisNexis, local police reports, newspapers, I couldn't find a single red flag. Are you sure you got the coordinates right" Sam asked me "yeah, I double checked. It's Fitchburg, Wisconson. Dad wouldn't have sent us coordinates if it wasn't important Sammy" I said.

"Well I'm telling you I looked and all I could find was a big steamy pile of nothing. If Dad's sending us hunting for something I don't know what" Sam said frustrated. "Well maybe he's going to meet us there" I said "yeah, cause he's been so easy to find up to this point" Sam said. Suddenly I hear Shelby wiggling in the backseat and Sam looks in the backseat as I look through the rearview mirror.

"Shelby" I say and she is still isn't waking up "Shelby" I say a little louder but Shelby is still moving around and winning in her sleep. "How do you wake her up" Sam asked me "shake her a little bit and say her name, that usually works" I say keeping my eyes on the road. "Shelby, Shelby" Sam said and shook her a little. Suddenly she sits straight up and gasps as she looks around scared. "Hey, it's alright" Sam said and Shelby looked at Sam before signing with relief.

"You okay" I asked looking in the review mirror at Shelby and she ran her hand threw her hair "yeah" she said with a sigh. "Nightmare again" I asked and glanced in the review mirror at her. "Yeah, I'm okay" Shelby said and I looked back at Sam "by the way, you're a real smart ass you know that? Don't worry I'm sure there's something in Fitchburg worth killing" I said continuing our other conversation.

"Yeah, what makes you so sure" Sam asked me "'cause I'm the oldest, which means I'm always right" I said and smiled. "No it doesn't" Shelby and Sam said at the same time "it totally does" Dean said. "Yeah you're the smartest guy in this car and I'm not your sister" Shelby said from the backseat. I glance at Sam and Shelby then look back at the road with a little grin. The impala cruises past the sign for Fitchburg, population 20,501.

Shelby

Sam and I lean against the Impala staring ahead when Dean crosses the road to us, holding two coffees. Dean hands Sam and I our coffees "well, the waitress thinks the local freemasons are up to something sneaky but other than that no one's heard about anything freaky going on" Dean says to us.

"Dean you got the time" Sam asked as Sam and I watched the playground at a school. Dean looks at his watch "Ten after Four, why" Dean asked "Dean, what's wrong with this picture" I asked nodding to a deserted playground with only one child climbing around. "Schools out isn't it" Dean asked "yeah, so where is everybody? This place should be crawling with kids right now" Sam asked?

I start to walk away from Dean and Sam and over to a woman as she sits on a park bench reading a magazine. "Sure is quiet out here" I say holding my cup of coffee "yeah, it's a shame" the women says. "Why's that" I asked "you know, kids getting sick, it's a terrible thing". "How many" I asked and the women looks at me "just five or six but serious, hospital serious. A lot of parents are getting pretty anxious. They think it's catching" the women said.

We both watch the little girl as she plays by herself on the playset. We head to the Dane County Memorial Hospital and are about to approach the reception desk. "Dude I am not using this ID" Sam says before we walk up to the lady. "Why not" "'cause it says bikini inspector on it" Sam says and I can't help but giggle a little. "Don't worry she won't look that close all right? Hell, she won't even ask to see it. It's all about confidence Sammy" Dean says and spins Sam to face the desk and keeps walking.

Dean and I wait a little farther away and wait for Sam to talk to the lady. When he's finished Dean is grinning from ear to war while I'm holding back a laugh. "See, I told you it would work". Sam glares at Dean and shakes his head irritably "follow me, it's upstairs". We head up the stairs and down the corridor. Dean and I look into a room we pass and stop.