The Benders Pt. 1

Shelby

Dean, Sam, and I are dressed in sheriffs outfits and are talking to a little boy and his mother. "I know you're just doing your job, but the police have been here all week already. I don't see why we have to go through this again. The more he tells the story, the more he believes it's true" Mrs. McKay said to us. "Mrs. McKay, we know you spoke with the local authorities" "but, uh, this seems like a matter for the state police, so" Dean started.

"Don't worry about how crazy it sounds, Evan. You just tell us what you saw" I said to Evan and he nodded "I was up late, watching TV. When I heard this weird noise" "what did it sound like" Sam asked? "It sounded like a monster" Evan said and Dean, Sam, and I exchange a look. "Tell the officers what you were watching on TV" Mrs. McKay said to Evan "Godzilla Vs. Mothra" Evan said. "That's my favorite Godzilla movie, it's so much better than the original, huh" Dean says excitedly. "Totally" "yeah, he likes the remake" Dean says and nods to Sam.

I close my eyes and sigh as Sam glares at Dean before clearing his throat, making Dean stop. "Evan, did you see what this thing was" "no, but I saw it grab Mr. Jenkins. It pulled him underneath the car". "Then what" I asked "it took him away; I heard the monster leaving. It made this really scary sound" Evan said "what did it sound like, Evan" Sam asked? "Like this whining growl" Evan said and Sam, Dean, and I exchange another look.

"Thanks for your time" I say to Evan and Mrs. McKay before we head outside and change our clothes before heading to a near-by bar. Sam is having a beer at a table, looking at research. Dean and I are near-by throwing darts at a dart board as Sam talks. "So, local police have now ruled out foul play. Apparently, there are worse signs of a struggle" Sam said. "Well, they could be right, it could just be a kidnapping. Maybe this isn't our kind of gig" Dean said and I look at him "when is it never our case" I ask and Dean nods.

"Shelby may be right, dad marked the area" Sam said and Dean and I walk over to Sam and look at our father's journal. "Possible hunting grounds of a phantom attacker" Sam said "why would he even do that" Dean asked "well, he found a lot of local folklore about a dark figure that comes out at night. Grabs people, then vanishes. He found this too, this county has more missing persons per capita than anywhere else in the state" Sam said.

"That is weird" Dean said as I sit down and take a swig of my beer. "Don't phantom attackers usually snatch people from their beds? Jenkins was taken from a parking lot" I said "well, there are all kinds. You know, Springhill Jacks, phantom gassers, they take people anywhere, anytime" Sam said. Dean went back to throwing darts again when Sam talked "I don't know if this is our kind of gig either" "yeah, you're right, we should ask around more tomorrow".

"Right" I nod and take another drink of my beer when Sam takes out his wallet "I saw a motel about five miles back" he said. "Whoa, whoa, easy, let's have another round" Dean said "we should get an early start" Sam said. I sigh when Dean talk "yeah, you really know how to have fun, don't you, Grandma? Alright, I'll meet you outside, I gotta take a leak" Dean says and grabs his coat and heads to the bathroom.

"I'll wait here to pay for our drinks" Sam said and he gathers the research. "No, I got it, you head outside" I said and Sam nods before leaving to go outside. I slip my jean jacket over my black long sleeve shirt and lean on the table as I wait to pay for my meal. When I'm done I see Dean walking towards me "hey, where's Sam" Dean asks "outside waiting for us" I said and he laughs.