phantom traveler Pt. 3

Shelby

Sam sits towards the window, I sit in the middle, and Dean sits towards the isle on the plane. Dean is anxiously reading the safety card “just try to relax” Sam said “just try to shut up” Dean said. Sam rolls his eyes at Dean as he jumps at every rumble and sound making Sam and I smirk. We take off. Dean is leaning back, humming to himself making me look over, listening “you're humming Metallica” I ask surprised “calms me down” Dean says quickly.

“Look, man, I get you're nervous all right, but you got to stay focused” Sam says “okay” Dean says. “I mean, we got thirty-two minutes and counting to track this thing down, or whoever it's possessing, anyway, and perform a full-on exorcism” Sam says. “Yeah, on a crowded plane, that's gonna be easy” I say with a small laugh. “Just take it one step at a time, all right, now who is it possessing” Sam says.

“It's usually gonna be somebody with some sort of weakness, you know, a chink in the armor that the demon can worm through. Somebody with an addiction or some sort of emotional distress” Dean said. “So you” I said with a smirk to Dean who gave me the evil eye. “Well this is Amanda's first flight after the crash, if I were her, I'd be pretty messed up” Sam said. A flight attendant walks by and Dean stops her “excuse me, are you Amanda” Dean asks.

“no, I'm not” the flight attendant “oh, my mistake” Dean says with a smile and looks to the back of the plane at a girl. “All right, well, that's got to be Amanda back there, so I'll go talk to her, and, uh, I'll get a read on her mental state” Dean said. “What if she's already possessed” Sam asks “If she's possessed, she'll flinch at the name of God” I say with a shrug “oh, nice” Dean said and unbuckled himself and left. After a few minuets he came back.

“All right, well, she's got to be the most well-adjusted person on the planet” Dean said “you said "Christo", it's in Latin” I said to Dean. “Yeah” “and -” Sam asks “there's no demon in her. There's no demon getting in her” Dean said and buckled himself up “so, if it's on the plane, it can be anyone. Anywhere” Sam said and the plane shakes making Dean tense up. “Come on, that can't be normal” Dean says mad “Dean, it's just a little turbulence” I said with a smile.

“Sam, this plane is going to crash okay, so quit treating me like I'm fricking four” Dean yells at Sam. I rolled my eyes at him “you need to calm down” I said to him “well, I'm sorry I can't” Dean says mad at me. “Yes, you can” Sam says “dude, stow the touchy-feely, self-help yoga crap, it's not helping” Dean says. “Listen, if you're panicked, you're wide open to demonic possession, so you need to calm yourself down right now” Sam says serous.

Dean takes a long, slow breath “good, now, I found an exorcism in here that I think is gonna work, the Rituale Romanum” Sam says. “What do we have to do” Dean asks “it's two parts. The first part expels the demon from the victim's body. It makes it manifest, which actually makes it more powerful” Sam says like it's nothing “more powerful” I ask surprised. “Yeah” Sam says “how” Dean asks “well, it doesn't need to possess someone anymore. It can just wreak havoc on its own” Sam said.

“Joy” I said throwing my head back “and why is that a good thing” “well, because the second part sends the bastard back to hell once and for all” Sam said and Dean sighed “first things first, we got to find it”.

Sam

Dean walks slowly up the aisle with his EMF meter, getting odd looks but no readings. I suddenly claps him on the shoulder, and he jumps. “Don't do that” Dean said “sorry” I said “how much time do we have” “fifteen minutes. Maybe we missed somebody” I said and Dean looks around “where's Shelby” Dean asks and w turn around to see her looking at the copilot.