Chapter 55-56

Chapter 55

Is this what he meant to leave with a lantern?

"I've died twice, and ghosts are nothing special." An Yinong calmed down after a few breaths. He clenched the lantern pole and turned around slowly.

From the corner of his eyes, he saw the cyan tulle flying past, but there was nothing behind him.

The path that An Yinong walked was now surrounded by white fog.

He couldn't help wrapping his clothes tightly, and his teeth were shaking.

"Thank you."

After saying that, he took the lantern and walked home, first walking slowly, then speeding up, and finally running.

It was already dark, the world was dark, and there was only a boy with a lantern on the twisted black passage. The hazy cold light from the lantern enveloped him like a mist.

The unknown biological probes on both sides were about to move, but the place illuminated by the cyan fire was clean and nothing.

He ran all the way to the house, lit the oil lamp, and was still in shock when the sound of birds flapping their wings could be heard vaguely outside the window.

An Yinong waited carefully for a while, walked over quietly, looked through the crack in the window, and then opened the window, only to see a dumb owl parked in the tree.

"Xiao Qi, do you feel anything?" he asked the system.

"No." The system was frustrated, it felt like the most useless system ever.

"Gourd Lake is impossible to go to." An Yinong turned to look at the lantern that was blown out. No matter what it was, good intentions or malice, he was leaving. When he's gone, it's all over.

In the next few days, due to the increase in taxes, the people were struggling to live. Some villages that could not survive began to flee the famine, and some people turned from good people to robbers, robbing property everywhere.

I heard that the rice store in the town was also robbed, and many people died. Therefore, businesses have closed their shops, and those big households have their windows and doors closed, for fear of being pushed by the hungry and crazy people.

Tianjia Village was also panicking, and people were hesitant to leave or stay.

An Yinong did not go out anymore, he pushed the wheelbarrow to the carpenter's house for repair.

The front wheels were replaced with new thicker ones, the sides were reinforced, and two small wheels were fixed at the back, which became a 'tricycle'. Three wooden boxes of the same size are fixed on the flatbed, and he can lie on them to sleep at night without having to set up another tent.

"Put a bamboo shed on it and put oil paper on it to keep out the wind and rain."

After hearing this, the carpenter said, "Are you going to go to other places to find food?"

"If you can, who wants to leave the country? People are cheap. 

An Yinong sighed and shook his head. "But when will it rain today?"

An Yinong didn't go out for a few days after that. He replaced some oil with the things he didn't use at home, and then packed up the little stone mill that wasn't much used at home, and ground all the food at home into powder.

He sews clothes and repairs tools at home during the day, and secretly grinds grain at night. After a few nights, most of the grain is ground into fine powder.