Chapter 245

Healing?

Was this the ability of a druid? Curious, the crowd refused to leave to see how he healed.

An Yinong lowered his head and rested his forehead against the leopard's raised head, his mouth opening and closing as a silent incantation surrounded them.

The favor of the world descended the nectar of life, cleansing the leopard's wounds.

"Gulp." The little octopus boy that stayed on An Yinong sensed the life-giving force, and it stretched out its little tentacles, nudging the 'manna' that no one else could see and instinctively wanting more.

There wasn't any remarkable halo special effect; it just felt like a breeze surrounded it, and all the mutated animals quieted down as they turned towards An Yinong in a pilgrimage-like manner.

The keepers who knew their young best felt this inexplicable pressure, and they didn't move a muscle, letting some scrutinize them.

The leopard lifted its head and stretched its limbs. The broken bones seemed to be restored by an invisible force. The pain left by the long fight was like a mountain, but this mountain was removed today.

There was a gleam in its gray eyes.

"Ow-"

It threw back its head and roared.

Accompanying this roar, violent waves of air shook away, and the dumbfounded surrounding people shielded their faces with their arms to avoid the sudden gust of wind. But An Yinong, in the storm, tilted his head back to look at the leopard standing up, and all the wind bypassed him, leaving only a gentle bit behind.

"Ow-"

An even louder sound ripped through the silent sky like a knife, its body standing in the gale, its expression so angry.

Its thick mask that had congealed from countless beatings cracked. It wanted to be angry, to let it all out, to break free from its mountainous shackles, to roar 'I'm not happy' at its cruel fate!

Black flames were then on the surface of its body. The curse that made the leopard lose its supernatural ability was forced back a little bit by this enormous vitality and turned into black flower fire.

The negative energy contained in the curse burned the panther's sanity. It thought of all the pain in the past. The color of blood gradually colored its eyes.

"You can be angry; go ahead and vent to your heart's content." At this moment, An Yinong's gentle incantation brushed over its heart, dispelling the searing pain.

[What if I want revenge? Two wills wrestled within the leopard's body, and it cried out repeatedly, venting and questioning, [Does a world shaped by humans allow an animal's vengeance?]

"Not allowed. It's not that animal vengeance is not allowed. As long as it's vengeance that is not allowed by human rules, it's not allowed, including me."

An Yinong looked at it, "But I can fight the rules for you, only this time. You kill him, and I'll keep you alive and free."

[I don't need to be free nor know why I'm alive.] What was the point of living when the world had brought it so much pain, when it had been abandoned when, no matter how hard it tried, it couldn't pull away from the hand that held fate by the throat?

"One can find out." A hand belonging to a human combed over the top of its head, sunlight shining in after those countless painful moments, "If you really can't find it, can I be your reason for living?"

The leopard stopped and it looked to An Yinong.

[Why are you willing to go this far for me? You have no shortage of powerful mutated animals.]