Chapter 59-60

Chapter 59

More and more people circled his car at night.

An Yinong is not one to sit still. He sharpens short daggers and knives every day to prepare for that day.

He hoped that day would come soon, and he hoped that day would not come.

"Never mind the others. Where did the protagonist surnamed Huang get the courage?" The system still couldn't figure it out. It looked coldly at the protagonist who was secretly conspiring with others.

"He doesn't think he can find someone to work with, right? With his physique, he's been robbed of his life."

"He's been eating bark for three days. If he eats more, he'll be dead. It's all death, it's better to go all out, maybe he can find life. From this point of view, he is still decisive." 

The system looked at An Yinong, who was calmly sharpening his sword: "He wants to rob you, you still laugh?"

"Or cry?" 

Just when the smell of gunpowder among the victims reached a certain level, they finally came across a city that was willing to provide porridge to accept refugees, but...

"What? If you want to live here, farmers must be registered as untouchables?" 

The untouchables did not say this person is very cheap, but it means that this person has a low class status, can't take scientific examinations, and can only do some jobs that no one does...

"No! If you become a lowly member, you can't even intermarry with good people in the future, and you can't take scientific examinations. Wouldn't it hurt the children and grandchildren?" Some people shook their heads desperately when they heard this.

"Now that I can't live anymore, where are there any children and grandchildren?" Some people think that it is more important to live, and the class of businessmen is also low. Does it affect their status and marriage? Once they have money and land, it is not impossible for the untouchables to change their household registration.

A large group of refugees huddled in the open space outside the city, looking for firewood to keep warm, waiting for an opportunity—the refugees themselves didn't know what opportunity they were waiting for, they just squatted numbly in the small tents they had set up.

People who want to buy people walk through the disaster victims, looking for suitable goods. They can exchange ten catties or even a few catties of grain for a living person.

The people from Tianjia Village and the village next door were in the tail position. They were suspended in the city for three days. One-fifth of the people entered at the cost of becoming a low-ranking member, and four-fifths of the people were outside the city.

Ren Yazi also came to them, holding food in exchange for their wife or children. Some declined, some agreed, and some hesitated.

Many people have run out of food, leaving or staying is a dead end. They will be ruthless, selling their children, or their wife, or themselves.

Human lives in disaster years are worthless. A young lady can only sell 30 catties of millet, and others are even more worthless.

"Selling that child to a family without children may be a way to survive. This ten catty of grain can also give your family a breather, and it may be time to turn around." The buyer shed a crocodile tear.

The father of that family was a little moved, and he looked at the grain bag greedily.

"Don't sell it, you sell my child and I'll kill you!" The child's mother was ruthless. She protects her children like a cockfight.