Chapter 248

An Yinong wasn't going to bullshit with them, and even more so, he didn't bother pulling the wool over anyone's eyes as to who was more righteous.

So he went straight for it.

The man at the head of the group was pressed to the deck with a claw by Horus, unable to move. The rest of the people who followed hurriedly shook their hands, indicating they were curious to observe and take a look, and retreated into the crowd.

Many people gathered on the deck, and they looked at An Yinong standing in the center, not understanding what was happening.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is regrettable news. While we are all working together to get home, someone is sabotaging our work and trying to create civil unrest."

Everyone on the ship listened as he spoke. He stood alone, but all knew that the animals on this ship were swords and guns in his hands and that he had a country behind him that was also strong in its gentleness.

"Some may think it doesn't matter but think also carefully about where we are now. Is there any time or energy left to discuss who is more qualified to navigate?"

He pointed a finger at the ocean, "Where are we? We are about to leave this awakening volcano and enter the sea.

"A boat, a group of people, no extra food, precarious, as if drifting on an island beyond the world. Or an island that a wave could push over at any moment. This is reality."

These things were laid out before them, and those who had thought nothing of it felt panic.

"People are waiting for us a hundred miles away: our families, the media, the eyes of the world. What kind of face do you want to appear before them? The heroes who have crossed countless obstacles as if in triumph, or the losers who have exhausted everything and have been plucked from the sea?"

He towered over them and looked around the room, "A hero? Or a loser?"

"Hero!" A few echoes rang out from the crowd, followed by more.

"Hero or loser?!"

"Hero!" The voices were much neater this time, and as they shouted the exact words, their breath, and spirit seemed unified and became whole for a moment.

Their voices were so loud that the two boats on the side glanced sideways with 'What kind of religious ceremony are you doing' written all over their faces.

An Yinong ignored the two boats next to him. His voice carried its own 'persuasive power,' especially when he was in the right.

What are human rights? What was public opinion?

Survival was what it was.

"Good, it looks like we've reached a consensus. So now we are an army, and what does an army need most? It's unity, it's discipline, it's an unbreakable collective.

"In this collective, you, me, the animals, the safety of all our lives, is the highest priority. Anyone who tries to undermine it and allow selfishness to take precedence over life can be viewed as a 'threat to the lives of all aboard.'"

"Now, what will you do when someone tries to undermine discipline, undermine the collective, and threaten your life?"

"Expel him!" The people on board vented their fears about the future along with them.

The voice of expulsion was so loud that the man, full of disbelief at who Horus had stepped on, changed his face, "I didn't mean it that way. Please forgive me."

"I'm sorry," An Yinong looked at him compassionately, "but I will respect the collective opinion."

The man who had attempted the challenge was thrown off the ship, and the other two boats were not willing to receive it, so the man had to leave in disarray. After establishing such rules and imposing punishments on those who broke them, the ship An Yinong was on was completely quiet.