Chapter 3 : An adventurous meeting

Ivanna

"You're looking so beautiful, Ivanna." Janice beams from behind as I look up at myself through the mirror.

I can't believe it's happening. just two hours ago, I had a perfect plan for my present and future. Now, it doesn't work anymore. I freeze, looking at myself in the elegant bridal gown alin with diamond earrings glistening in my ears. I always dreamed  of this day but the person was different.

Sighing, I turn around and discover dad smiling at me. He comes forward and claps my shoulder, his smile fading away.

"I'm sorry. It wasn't supposed to be like this," he utters.

"Should we be sorry, Richard?" Janice scoffs. "I bet she had never thought of such an opportunity. Your daughter is fortunate."

I can sense the anger in Janice's voice. She badly wants me to get married but at the same time, she regrets Irene's decision. She still wants her daughter to get married.

"Don't take her words to heart," dad says. "She's disturbed."

"I know, Did you talk to Irene? Where's she? I hope she's safe. Because of the way you're talking about Christian Scott, I fear that he may try to harm her for revenge," I say nervously.

Dad and Janice look at each other again, then dad turns back at me.

" Don't worry about her. She's fine and wants some time."

"I got it" I whisper

Someone knocks at the door as we look up, discovering Kane with his familiar smile. I wonder how this always smiling guy works under a man who doesn't even smile for a picture. I roll my eyes, cursing my fate for the millionth time.

"We're about to leave in five minutes. But before that, I need to talk to Miss Rozario," he says.

"Sure"

Dad and Janice leave the room and I look at the clock since I know If he is saying we have 5 minutes, then we don't have a second more than that.

He stands half a foot away from me. "Miss Rozario, I'm here with these documents that you need to sign before the wedding."

He hands me a file as I knot my eyebrows together. Now, what's this new drama?

"What's this about?" While opening the file, I say and start reading it thoroughly.

My eyes open wide, discovering my conditions inked in a legal contract paper. at the end of the page, there's his signature.

Is this guy crazy?

He made a contract in damn twenty minutes. My jaws stay dropped when I gape at Kane, finding him smiling.

"Are you telling me that your boss made this official contract right now?" I exclaim.

"Yes, Miss Rozario," he takes out another envelope and gives it to me. I get nervous about the next thing. Now, what's this?.

I don't make it late and open the envelope right away.  A handwritten letter.

"Miss Rozario,

You guessed it right about me. I'm indeed a gentleman and I accept all your conditions. Since you're too serious about it, I want to make everything simple and clear before the wedding. According to the contract, if I violate any rule, you are free to take legal action against me."

I stop midway and pass a mocking smile. Legal action? I don't think I can take any action against him since he holds the power of this city. Is he kidding me?.

I continue reading again.

"Don't take it as a joke. I believe in justice and discipline and I make my work done in the right way. See you soon".