Chapter 95 : The Jealous Assistant ( Emily - Kane)

Emily

My voice slips down to my throat as I discover Kane on the door, his deep eyebrows twitching into a frown.

"Ah! I should have known that's you, Miss Benson," he scoffs, getting inside.

I roll my eyes at him, grimacing.

"What do you mean?" I sanp and immediately lower my voice. Why do I always forget he's my damn boss!!

He says nothing and presses his lips while laughing silently. Is he literally laughing at me?
I fun in anger and glare at him. Properly.

He's not in formal wear today but in a tracksuit, the sleeves of his jacket are folded, swear scattered all over his sharp look as if he was hustling for hours. And that damn God his smile.

I just wanna kill this man for being so smoking hot.

I close my eyes tightly, wave my hand in the air and land it across my face.

Slap!

You deserve that freaking slap, you bitch. I grunt to myself.

"Em!" Ivanna's clamour brings me back to the sense as I open my eyes.

Kane is gawking at me in disbelief, so do others.

"I-- " I mumble, stabilising myself and looking back at Ivanna. "I need that slap for my stupidity. Huh! I shouldn't scream" I lie.

"Seriously, Em?" Ivanna rolls her eyes.

I steal my gaze from both Kane and Christian in embarrassment.

"Are you okay?" Ivanna asks, touching my hand.

I think I'm not. Is it okay to be head over heels on your boss? And it's definitely not like other times when I used to have crushes. It's something weirder. I don't know.

"I think Miss Benson has been really worried for you, Ivanna." Kane says from behind, chuckling.
Now, I'm definitely not looking at him when he's in such a hot state. He better be into the grumpy mode at work.

I nervously play with my fingers. Ivanna giggles looking at me.

"Yes, she's a bit crazy"

"I hope she's enough to entertain you," Christian laughs.

I'm seriously stupid to look like a clown right now. All of them are laughing at me. Can't you just control yourself, Emily?

That's my only freaking problem.

I can't control, hide or pretend.

"That was a joke, by the way." Christian laughs. "And if you guys are here to stay with her, I'm going to have a word with the doctor before her discharge"

"Sure. We're here," Kane says

Christian taps on Ivanna's head softly and leave the cabin. I find Ivanna still smiling at the door. It's good that she has finally gotten over her last and that mysterious man she hardly saw. It will be her foolishness if she keeps herself stuck to that past and doesn't accept her present and future with Christian.

"Give some of your attention to me, Ivy. Your husband gets it every time," I pout.

She parts her lips in disbelief as her cheeks turns rosy. She cracks up.

"Seriously, Em. Anyways, it's a class hour. Why are you here?" She exclaims.

"Really? You want me to attend the class instead of visiting you?" I shrug. She's impossible.

"I'm fine now. And I told Christian to inform you. Why did all of you leave all your work?"

"Well, Ivanna." Kane comes towards the bed as my irresistible eyes find their way to him.