Chapter 44 : His Girlfriend

Christian

I come back to the room half an hour later and find her in front of the mirror. She surprises me by wearing the same dress I suggested to her before going out of the room.

Her eyes fell on me through the mirror, startled as if she was not prepared.

"Are you done?" I ask.

"Almost, I was just wondering-- " she twists her hair a couple of times, holds them up and looks at herself. It seems like she's wondering what hairstyle she should choose.

"Let them be. Leave them like that," I tell her.
"Because-- "

"Don't utter those pick-up lines like-- you look good with open hair," she groans, rolling her eyes at me. "I'll look like a witch after a while."

I press my lips to hold my laughter back.

"We'll, no. I was about to say that we're getting late and I can't give you another hour to fix your hair. Just let them be"

She parts her lips in shock. Seriously, she expected me to flatter her. I can't with her. Her head works in a different way I can never understand.

She keeps gawking at me through the mirror as I walk towards her, keeping eye contact. When I reached closer behind her, she still held her hair.

I slide my fingers under her hands and release her hair from her hold and they fall down above her waist. Her startled face turns into a tense one as she breaks eye contact, embracing the silence between us again.

My hands travel down to her shoulder and I turn her towards me, looking  at her carefully from head to toe. She looks breathtaking in the sky blue gown, just like the angel she is.

I take a step closer and she takes a step back, peeking at me with her big eyes. I don't stop getting closer until she's pinned against the wall behind and I place my hand next to her on the wall.

"Fucking beautiful," I gasp under my breath, stroking her cheek with back of my hand. She quivers, breathing heavily as I lean closer to her.

It has been only two days since I have tasted her lips and it feels like years. However, she plans to make me suffer even more as she covers my mouth with her hand, glaring at me.

"Don't even dare to think about it. I don't wanna ruin my lipstick. It took me ten minutes to get it perfect." She tells

I don't know If I should get pissed or smile at her gestures. Holding her wrist, I uncover my mouth, and continue to lean into her placing my lips on the corner of her mouth. She closes her eyes and shivers right away and I part away, smiling at her.

Our eyes meet.

"Waited for two days. Won't mind waiting for a few hours," I wink at her.

Her eyes drop down nervously.

"I'm waiting for you outside. Come soon"

Smiling at her, I step back and walk out of the room.

Ivanna

Christian opens the car's door, and puts his hand out for me to take it, with a smile lingering on his face. I take his hand and he holds it, helping me out of the car.

The venue is full of people I don't even know. It's already making me anxious and I hold onto his arms tightly.

"Relax, no one's gonna mob you," his voice startled me as I looked up at him nodding my head.

I can't believe I have come here for him. But when he said people are coming with their families and he only has me, my heart twisted. Maybe the situation was different but I knew how it feels to lose a mother and distance myself from my own family. That sucks.