Chapter 17: The Argument

Christian

I hope it's a joke. Though I don't like this type of joke, I badly want this just to be a joke.

"I hope you know what you're saying," I try my best not to sound harsh

"Yes, I know," her rosy lips quicker. I don't know if I should get pissed at her words or stare at her.
However, right now her words have pissed me off.

"You want to go back to Texas," I ask again

"Yes" she doesn't look at me

"Do you think that's possible, for you to just leave? Tell me what made you take such a decision?" I groan

Even though I don't like discussing personal stuff in the office, I can't help arguing over it right here.
"It's my decision. I don't think I need to give you any explanation," she says

I slam my hands on the desk, making a huge sound and she shivers. And finally looks at me with two fearful eyes as I clenched my jaw and stormed towards her.

"You need to, Ivanna. As I remember there was nothing in the contract which said we won't behave like an actual husband and wife. We are bound to give explanations to each other and you need to tell the god damn fucking reason," I groan
Her nose flares up as her beautiful eyes are filled with fear. I don't like it. I don't like screaming at her but she's so annoying and stubborn all the time.

"Tell me," I urge her.

She gulps down, keeping her face away as if she will not be able to speak if she looks at me.

"I don't like it here. I don't think I can complete my studies at this university. They all know me now. They don't behave with me like a normal student. Even the professors look terrified to point me out, they call me Mrs Scott. Can you believe that?" , she halts as soon as she realizes what she said staring at me. "I mean, I'm not ashamed of it. But that's not fair. I don't feel like a student. I don't feel like it's my simple life. I don't like this."

Her voice shakes. I don't know what to tell, I know her points are valid. But this is not the solution she comes up with. She literally wants to leave Dallas. She wants to leave me.

And it --- hurts it definitely does

"Do you realise leaving Dallas means leaving me?" I sound helpless.

She looks at me as if she didn't expect me to say this.

"We could --- there are people who are in a long distance relationship," she says and it's stupid.

"Those people who are in a long distance relationship are definitely have a different relationship from us. They have thing called normal relationship. We don't have that. If we part ways, there will be nothing between us expect a piece of paper called marriage certificate." I try to tell her

I don't know where this conversation is going but it's definitely going in a different direction.

"Do we have anything more than that, Christian?" Her stren words make me go numb. I feel a lump in my throat.

Damn, this girl. I shake my head to figure out what to tell her.

"You're not going anywher," I stat , glaring at her and walking back to my desk. I don't have anything to argue with her. She is impossible.

"You can't be serious, Christian." She almost yell
I turn towards my laptop and try to focus on my work

"There was a clause. I hope you didn't forget. You can't stop me in anything which affects my career. This is about my career."

"I already told you my decision," I tell her

"You're a jerk," her voice is filled with hatred and anger and it's not new to me. She hated me, I know that. And I can't do anything about that.

"You can't make decisions for me. You haven't brought me"

"I can't adjust for you every damn time, Ivanna." I finally attack her back with my words which I didn't wanted at first. She forced me. "Tell me one single time you adjusted for me in the past thirty days."

"I didn't meet my parents,"

"It's because it was in the contract, it's not an adjustment." My jaw twitched and she looked tense.

She has no answer

"You always twist your words," her voice is braking and I wonder why she is so desperate to leave me. "I'm not listening to you, I wanna go"

"Go home. That'll be better," I try to dismiss her
For a few seconds there was complete silence, she says nothing only glares at me with her furious eyes and fisting her hands.

"I know why you're not letting me go, you're fucking insecure about the man i love, right? You think I'm gonna cheat on you with him. Is this the fucking reason," she yells

I wonder from where she brought up such useless things to say.

"That's definitely not the reason, Ivanna. At least, I trust that you'll be loyal toward this marriage,"

"You don't need to lie. I know men are insecure as fuck to let their wives go away from them. And you're no different. I'm not listening to you. I'm going, I'm going, I'm going," she keeps ranting raising her voice.

"Just shut up," I roared at the top of my lungs, losing my temper completely.

She shivers and immediately turns into a scared kitten with my roar. Her lips quicker

"Not a single word after this. Keep your fucking tantrums to yourself because I'm not here to handle them. Right now gi straight back to villa and don't dare to talk about Texas ever again. Got it" I groan at her

Her eyes starts to well up as her cheeks turns red. Her entire body is shaking as she sheds tears.

I take a breath, softening my reaction at her as she was crying

"Iv-- " I try to speak when she grabs a file from the desk and throws it on my face, thanks to my reflex I was able to shove it aside.

"I hate you," she spats and storms out of the cabin while cleaning her tears.

I stare at her

I don't want to stop her from doing anything but ---

Texas is the only place I don't want her to go.

Ever again.