Chapter 53 : I'm happy

Christian

I wasn't expecting her to be here so soon. I don't even know if she heard me but she knows I was talking to Richard. Fuck! I hope she doesn't get furious after overhearing the conversation.

When I gauge her reaction, it tells a different story. I walk towards her and get closer as she curiously looks at me.

"Yes," I said.

She parts her lips to speak something and again seals them for a while.

"What-- what was he saying?" She sounds desperate, still calm which I didn't expect.that means She didn't hear anything. Otherwise, she would have screwed me now.

I let out a sigh.

"Nothing much"

"Can I--," her big eyes filled with urges come upon me. "Can I talk to him? For once, I'll just ask how they are. That's it"

This girl is enough to bring me down to my knees.
It's so tough to turn down such an innocent demand. She looks upset and drained off which I hate the most.

"Please," she wraps her arms around me and pouts just like a kid. I wish I could be mean to her like I'm with others.

"You know how to melt me," I tell her

A smile rips on her face but I immediately interrupt.

"But this time it's not working, Mrs Scott."

Her smile fades away, her eyes welling up with complaints. she doesn't fight back but her silence and her upset face are enough to give me anxiety. She lowers her head and clenches her jaw.

I slide my arms around her waist and pull her closer to me, looking down at her.

"You promised me, baby. You remember, right?" I husk, tucking her hair behind her ear

I can see her lower lip trembling with her low sobs. It's not that she's deliberately doing it to convince me.

"I know," she gulps down, not looking at me. "But it's hard,"

"Am I not enough for you?" I ask.

"You can't ask me to choose between you and my dad. He's my father," her ruddy eyes gaze at me. "You understand what father is, right? No one can understand it better than people who lost their fathers. You should understand"

Her voice is shaking which means she's nearly crying. I tighten my hold around her.

"I told you that you can ask for anything and I'll get you. Except for this"

"And you know I don't value anything more than family and relationships," she peers deep into my eyes. "Otherwise I wouldn't be here with you"

I can't find words to turn her down. Finally, she has taken a step towards me and my one wrong step can drive her several steps away from me.

Damn it! I can't afford that.

I cup her face and make her look at me.

"You really make me dance to your eyes, Mrs Scott," I smile sealing her lips with mine.

I suck her on her bottom lips and she opens up for me, I passionately kiss her as if I'm trying my best to make her feel me from the core and prepare her to take the words Richard can say against me. I won't restrain her anymore but I will have faith in her.

I break the kiss while smiling at her and take out my phone.

"I just blocked his number from your phone. So, you can call him from mine." I said, dialing Richard's number.