Chapter 106 : The truth

Ivanna

I wipe my tears off and strive to get up, walking towards the bed with lazy steps. My body suddenly feels so weak. I can't cry so much, I always end up losing all my strength due to crying.

Falling on my stomach, I lie on the couch. His voice is still buzzing inside my head.

How could he? I'm still hoping it will be a nightmare because I can't take it. He has never been so rude to me before when we used to have serious issues.

He has always been understanding. I never needed to explain.

My burning eyes go on the wall across, at the larger photograph of us.

"You wanted me to trust you without any explanation. What's wrong with it if I wanted the same? I could tell and explain why I was arguing with you about it. But I don't know why you showed me this side of you today. A completely different one that I never wanted to see"

I cry out again, stuffing my face into the pillow. My heart aches, angering me even more.

I pull myself back and walk to my desk, wiping my tears off.

If he wants this, I'll surely do it. I don't have a choice. It was my decision to stay in this marriage and I have to adjust, no matter what. No one will ever try to understand my actual motive behind this.

My head is aching very badly when I open my MacBook and contact Tina about my resignation.

I don't wanna disappear without notice because I'm handling some tasks related to the next seminar. The firm is small and they can't afford to have a new employee in a short period. Still, my notice can make things easier.

I will never want to get that firm into trouble because of my personal issue.

After I message Tina, she video calls me.

"Hey, are you okay?" She exclaims, gawking at me. I may be looking miserable.

Damn!

Why didn't I wash my face?

"I'm fine. Just having a bad headache"

"Oh, Take some medicine. Anyway, you're quitting?"

"Yes. Some personal issues. I will send all the documents and research papers I made. Can you please collect them?"

"Did you talk to Adrian?"

I can't!

I know even if I call Adrian or meet him Christian will never know. He never spied on me. But I can't be the worst to do this.

"No. I'll talk to him," I lie.

"Ivanna, there's a process to resign. I can't allow you to resign like this. Please come over here with the documents and resignation letter. Quinn will attend you," she says.

I don't wanna face Adrian. He's definitely gonna utter rubbish about Christian If he gets to know I'm quitting.

"One second," she added. "It's too late for the shift. I'll check if Quinn is there"

She goes away from the screen with her phone as I wait. I hope Quinn agrees to take my virtual resignation because there's no way I'm gonna meet Adrian. If she doesn't agree, for the first time I'll have to use my last name as a weapon for sure. I never preferred this but---

Tina comes after a while.

"Ivanna, Quinn is there. Adrian has to leave for the meeting for seminar and he might not be available tonight. You can meet Quinn."

"Adrian won't be there?" I ask again to be sure.

"No. He's busy. Tomorrow is the seminar"

I nod and disconnect, letting out a deep sigh and opening the word to type the resignation.

Never in my life, had I thought to do this by force.

Kane

"Christian, stop drinking now. You had too much," I yell tilting my head at him.

He's groaning after gulping the fourth glass of whiskey. He hardly drinks. The last time he drank was almost one and a half years ago at a party. Just for fun!

Today it's not out of fun.

Were at his small but an hour away from the villa.

"I tried. I tried so freaking much but she just doesn't wanna forget that person. She can't love Christian but she can still love the person she hardly knew. What about the person who loved her for years?" He groans, grabbing his head.

"You have gone mad, Christian. It wasn't even a big thing she never said she'll leave you," I say

"She was arguing with me for him. She trusts that man just met three weeks ago," his angry broken eyes comes on me and I'm clueless why he's overreacting on this.

Christian is sensible enough but it seems like his insecurity suddenly made him blind. He's almost in the way to get drunk.

"Did she say that she trusts him? What's wrong with you, Christian? Then you asked her to quit. What's wrong with her work, man? She has a past. So what? Don't people work with their ex? Stop being a toxic ass now. Adrian won't do anything"

Christian's ruddy eyes come on me as he clenches his jaw.

"He-- " I mumble. "Why will he mess with you? He's just a simple physicist"

"Simple physicist?" He greets his teeth, grabbing the glass. "He's definitely going to pay for everything. How dare he land his eyes on my wife?"

"Christian, are you sure you're okay? In the past, he might have done it. What's his fault? Don't try to ruin him for your insecurity " I exclaim

Just then, he slams the glass on the floor.

"He's not innocent," he yells, storming towards me. "Did you hear me? He's not innocent. He's a fucking bastard to take advantage of an innocent girl's past"

"What?" I exclaim as Christian fumes in anger.
"Christian, I already found out a lot about him. He has no such record. How can you be so sure that he trapped Ivanna?"

"Because I'm the guy she met in the Texas Club" He roared.

Wait!

What?

His confession left me stunned on the spot.