Chapter 60: The Cruel Revenge

Ivanna

I'm sore. My entire body feels numb after this workout—almost five months later, and I hit the gym. I think it was the wrong move to head to campus directly from the gym. I still have an hour before class starts. The campus is gradually filling up.

"Hey," Emily joins me from somewhere.

"Hey, good morning. You're early today," I tease her.

"Well, who can turn down handsome men?" She beams, looking somewhere—just like an idiot!

"What?" I exclaim.

"Huh! Nothing," she mumbles.

"Did you just get another boyfriend?"

"I'm not making one anytime soon," she rolls her eyes. "There's something called a CRUSH. Okay?"

"Okay."

"By the way," she holds my arm and looks at me. "Are you gonna attend classes in your gym suit?"

"I forgot to bring my clothes. It's so stupid of me," I scoff.

"Don't worry. When I'm here," she immediately takes out a key and hands it to me. "My locker keys. Go on and change."

"You're really a lifesaver, Em." I release a deep sigh and hug her because I can't deal with these tight clothes anymore.

"Go, girl. Check your surprise," she giggles.

"Surprise?" I ask.

"Yeah, I mean my new clothes," she cracks up.

"You're weird," I tell her and walk towards the locker room.

Since the campus is hardly filled, I believe there will be no one in the locker room and I can change there. Twisting the knob, I get inside only to be shocked by the view in front of me.

There's a guy in the locker room, wearing a big black jacket with a hood, his back facing me. I can't even recognize him properly because of the hood.

"Hey, don't you know it's the girls' locker room?" I groan, getting inside in anger. "I'm talking to you. Get out of here or else I'll call—"

My words get stuck in my throat as the guy turns to me, sliding the hood down.

"What the—" I gape at him in disbelief. "Chris!"

He gives me a playful smirk, and I'm still in shock to see him here. In the locker room of my university. It's impossible!

"I'm literally daydreaming about this," I mutter, tearing my eyes away from the illusion because I know he's not there.

Why would he break into the girls' locker room at my university?

"Ah! So, you usually dream of me at night?" He giggles, leaving my eyes wide open.

"Are you here?"

"Yeah," he takes small steps towards me.

"Why? I mean, what are you doing here?"

He decreases the gap between us, leaning closer to me as I lose my balance, pinning me against the wall.

"Do you know it's a crime to tease your husband repeatedly early in the morning?" His intense eyes linger on me with a wry smile curving on his face.

Damn, this man!

He's enough to make me dripping wet with just his gaze. I gulp nervously, looking up at him.

"When?" I try to act innocent, though I'm not. I wanted to have fun, but he's definitely not someone to let it go so easily.

"You don't remember, Mrs. Scott?" He narrows his eyes, pressing me between the wall and his body. "Should I remind you?"