Chapter 31: The Husband's Employee

Ivanna

I could hear Christian's phone buzzing but, my mouth was perfectly sealed with his. I can't speak, nor can I drive him away. The spell of his warm tongue captivates my entire body every time he kisses me. This is the max I can give to him, maybe not more than this.

Maybe, I can when he will trick me with his lusty actions and I won't have any choice except to give in to him. But I know he'll never do such things. That's why he stopped immediately when I asked him to. This gesture of him makes me closer to him again and I can't help kissing him back with my heart.

Our tongues fight inside and I don't remember for how long we have been kissing. It's been a while.

He doesn't leave me and the buzz of his phone disturbs me.

As he parts an inch to tell me to breathe, I pant,

"your  phone"

"To hell with it", he breathes heavily and grips my jaw, nibbling my bottom lip seductively.

"Chris, it might be important," I tell him. Though I initially want him to go, I have no excuse. I can't drive him away because of my reasons.

"I love when you call me like this," he pressed his forehead with mine as I tried to open my eyes.

"Why don't you call that every time? Do you wait for me to kiss you so you can call me that?" He asks

I can't help blushing. Placing my hands on his chest, I give him a light push.

"Go, please"

"Really? You throwing me out of my own house. Evil wife," he grins and gives me the space to get up.

"Because you should be going now. Your phone is buzzing for a long time"

"The next time I'm gonna throw this phone out of our space," he shrugs, picking it out and answering it.

"Who's dying, Kane? I swear, I'm gonna kill you if you do this next time. I'm coming," he cuts the call and looks at me with frustration.

I press my lips to control my laughter.

"Bye,"shooting me a glare, he walks out.

With a smile, I keep staring at him going and gradually my smile fades. Things are beautiful until we stay in the present and don't think about the consequences. However, it's not the same when I know there are many questions without a single answer. I fear the answers will be scary.

"Then let's stay in the darkness. Because If darkness feels like this, I don't want light anymore,"

His words buzz inside my head. Maybe, he's right. We don't need to face the light when we need to part ways someday. Let the mysteries remain mysteries.

*

It's the first day of my university and I open my eyes alone in bed. He already started his old routine here which seems to be fair. Now, he has a bunch of people to make breakfast for him and I also need to rush.

I roll on the bed for a while and rub my eyes, yawning. My eyes go to his side of the bed. The blank pillow! It irks me. He could have waited for me,At least for today. It's my damn first day and he left like this. I gron, clasping his pillow in anger. Whenever I feel angry at him. I squeeze and punch his pillow.

"You know I hate you so much. Because you're a split personality. sometimes you act like nothing more important to you than me and sometimes you literally towards your stupid girlfriend, that's your damn fucking work!"

I punch the pillow and it slips down. There's a yellow note sticking against the bed. Curious, I pluck it.

"Good morning and best of luck" it was written on the note.