Chapter 71 : His secret [Part - 1]

Christian

The morning doesn't begin the way I want. Ivanna leaves the villa early in the morning and she tells Mrs Fisher that she'll be busy all day. Of course, she'll be. Now, she has a job too.

But she could have woke me up before leaving.
It feels like she's already trying to keep herself away from me mentally. Last night was crucial. Even though we had crazy sex, that doesn't decrease the effectiveness of reality.

I have never thought about confessing my feelings for her like this. I have always loved her.
Always. All my life, there was only one girl in my life. And that's her. I might be too young to realise it was love. But now I know my heart always went after the girl I held in my arms for the first time when she was five.

I saw a little girl of our neighbour crying near the swing. She had fallen and got a crack on her knees. I ran to that little girl and treated her wound, wiped her tears and told her I would always be there for her whenever she needed me.

I let out a deep sigh, looking out of the window of my cabin.

"I'm here for an hour and you're not even telling me what to do with the presentation," Kane scoffs and reaches near me leaning against the other side of the window.

"You don't allow me to talk about personal stuff in the office but I don't think I can hold it anymore. Why did you do all this, Christian? Now, just tell me. For God's sake"

"I love her," I confess

"Tell me a new thing?" He smirks. "You have always loved her"

I look at him immediately. He shouldn't know about my feelings, right?.

"What? Only a dumb can't understand what you feel for her. And you literally did all this only to get her. There's no surprise. But I can't understand why you chose this way"

"I have a doubt," I say, looking out of the window again.

"Like ?"

"Richard is the murderer of three," I say.

Kane

"Richard? Murder?" I utter in confusion
Murder, kidnapping, secrets, deal of a living human being-- in short, Christian is giving me full on mafia vibes lately.

"I can't understand what you saying. Stop speaking in riddles. Do you mean Richard killed three people?"

"Yeah, he says, still looking out of the window. "I don't doubt exactly. I believe it. It's just that I don't have any proof"

"Whom did he kill? And how do you know? How's that related to what you doing?" I think I'll go crazy with questions until he clears up everything and he's taking too much time.

He sighs.

"My biological parents and his first wife," he says.
It take me a few seconds to realise what he just said. His biological parents and Richard's first wife?

"How do you know that? You said you don't know your biological parents, right?"

Christian has been shocking me every other day recently with some unexpected revelation. It seems like I'm getting to know a new person in him who literally has a bunch of secrets buried inside.

I'm among those plenty of kids his father had adopted without giving us last name. Christian is the sole kid among us to get his last name and everything. I knew Christian from the age of thirteen. We grew up together, went to the same school, the same university and even worked together. He always told me that he didn't know his parents.

"I lied," he says.

Seriously?

I don't know what to feel about it but it's a pathetic feeling when you know your best friend is hiding so many things from you.