Chapter 27: Out of the track

Christian

I rub my cheek with her soft skin, squeezing her tightly in my arms

"Good Morning, Wife." I mumble, trying to kiss her cheek.

When I open my eyes, only to find out that I was hugging the pillow. What the--- I shove it aside and look around the room. Ivanna isn't here. It's still six in the morning and as far as I known, she doesn't wake up so easily. I used to find her sleeping peacefully when I left every morning. Today, she's early!

I get up, rubbing my eyes. I didn't take a shower last night didn't even change my clothes. This girl is enough to make me do thing I have never done in my entire life.

Smiling like an idiot, I leave the bed and walk of the room when the sweet smell of waffles crash into my nostrils, there was noise coming from the kitchen.

I walk up there and lean against the refrigerator. A smile curves on in my face when I watch her working, her back facing me. She's wearing a plus size top and shorts, with a messy bun with few strands of her hair dangling down.

A few minutes pass as she doesn't notice me get. Taking advantage, I check her out.

She looks for something and turns around, meeting my eyes in surprise.

"When did you come?" Her voice comes out as an exclamation.

"I don't remember," I mutter as she frowns

I stride inside the kitchen and reach her, placing my palm on the counter, my eyes darting on her. She looks different in such a way but it is also adorable as always.

"You are up early today, Do you have to go somewhere? I need to get another vehicle for you," I say.

"Huh! No. I'm not going anywhere"

"Then? Why did you wake up so early?" I question

"You leave early in the morning. I was making breakfast for you. There's no servant, here. So." She tells me and this is not something I was expecting her to say. It feels good.

"I could have ordered from outside. You--- " I can't even finish as she interrupts.

"I have never seen you ordering from outside. You can't eat it, I know." She whishks something in the bowl while talking. "So, I called Mrs Fisher to ask what you eat for breakfast "

She looks up at me and halts, finding me staring at her.

"Well," she looks down immediately. "I don't have much to do untill my classes start so I thought to do some work"

"I got it," I chuckle, getting a bit closer to her. It's hard to stay away from her after I know how good she tastes.

I gently touch her temple and she gasped, glancing at me with her devastated ebony eyes. I tuck the strain of her hair behind her ear, she says nothing, just pulls herself back and walks towards the stove.

I lean against the counter, watching her from behind. But that distance sucks.

I step towards her and find her glaring at me.

"Stop following me and sit down," she shrugs.

"I wish I could do that," I chuckle.

"Oops! She panicks. The batter of the pancake has scattered on the pan. "This is so--- "

"You added too much water," I roll my eyes as she looks at me.

"You saw me whisking, right? Why didn't you tell me then?" She glares, placing the bowl on the counter.