Chapter 39 : I want Answers

Ivanna

I take my steps back as his dark eyes linger on me. Today I don't feel like kissing him and calming him down because I don't know if his gesture is fake.

"I want an answer," I groan.

"And I want the same, Ivanna." He grips my arm tightly and pulls me closer to him, pressing me harder against him. I flinch by his abrupt harshness. "Didn't I tell you not to go there? Can't you listen to me for once?"

"Yes, I can't." I screech. "And I won't. I won't obey a fake man like you. You tricked me, you betrayed me and my sister. You lied to me"

I grabbed his collar and yanked him closer to me, glaring at him with my simmering eyes.

"Why did you do this?" My voice breaks. More than anger, I can feel a sharp pain inside me.

The pain is consuming me deeply as I look deep into his dark intoxicating eyes, looking for answers. Tears prick my eyes as I strive to hold them back.

He leans closer and attempts to clean my tears but I immediately pull away.

"Stop showing this fake concern and sweetness, you asshole," I seeth. "I don't need your fucking concern but answers. Tell me why you did this to me, what was my fault."

He closes his eyes shut for a while, pressing his lips and a few seconds. Then he opens his eyes, looking at me, softening his reaction.

"Go home, Iv. We can talk later about it," his voice cursing under his breath.

"No, I won't. You have locked my sister in that outhouse. You think after knowing this I can stay calm even for a second," I yelled at the top of my lungs as he rubbed his forehead.

"Ivanna, it's my office," he banged on the table, gritting his teeth at me. "I don't like creating a scene in my workspace. You better leave and wait for me so we can talk later."

"I won't ," I step closer to him furiously. "Fuck your workspace, fuck your work, Mr Christian Scott. You kept me hanging enough. Not anymore. Tell me why did you marry me?" I scream taking him by his collar again.

"Iv," his voice is calm as he closes his eyes again not to react. I have known this side of him so well. "Go home"

"Which home? I'm not getting back to that fake place anymore. In fact, I don't even want anything that relates to you because you married me on a lie. I don't want such a stupid relationship or contract. My dad has no debt why am I even with you? It means there's no contract, there's nothing. Did you hear me, Nothing" my voice booms against the walls.

"Just shut up, Ivanna," He growled, gripping me hard and slamming me against the wall.

My heartbeat stops and I gulp down the words, losing my voice. My entire body shudders with his roar as my eyes pops out.

I can hear him breathing heavily and fuming in anger, his Fierce eyes darting on me, his nerves shaking, making him a completely different creature.

"I told you, right? I told you not to talk about leaving me again," he gasped under his breath, squeezing my arms harder as I hiss.

"Don't test my patience, Iv. I'm patient enough with you that I'm not with everyone. Don't force me to be the same with you too. I pamper you that doesn't mean I'll tolerate all your nonsense every time," his glowing eyes send chills down to me as I squirm. Tears burn down my eyes.

I have never been so scared of him like this before today. When I know what he has done to my sister and my father, I don't expect him to be good to me in real life. Anxiety fills inside me.

He loosens his grip when I sob, lowering my head. His face reaches mine, making me twitch in anxiety.

"Go home like a good girl, okay? Don't dare to go anywhere else otherwise, you saw your sister still in my outhouse"

Did he just threaten me?

My eyes shoot up at him in disbelief. I didn't expect that.

"Are-- are you black-- blackmailing me, Christian?"
My voice hardly supports me as I gawk at his reactionless face.

"You left no choice for me"

I say nothing, wondering who he is. He's not the person I know. Does that mean Irene was right? I couldn't recognise him. I fell into the trap he made for me.

"Got it, Iv? You'll go home," he groans.
My throat is numb.

"Do you get it?" He screams at the top of his lungs.

It shudders me from the core as I glare at him in tears. Without saying a single word, I rush out of his cabin

I can't believe he just threatened me to harm Irene if I leave. The way he shouts at me is enough to make me cry. I shouldn't cry, I shouldn't be affected by him. Cleaning my tears, I get into the car as the butler drives away.

Christian

I inform Kane to keep an eye on Ivanna untill she reaches the villa. I hate to do this but I fear she'll end up running away after knowing this. I should have been careful and shifted Irene from here but the overloaded work and other stuff that I literally forgot about her.

Anticipation fills inside me as I close my eyes, lean towards the table and breathe heavily.

"Mr Scott," Nicole speaks from behind. "Should I send the clients?"

"Give me five minutes," I shrug.

"Okay"

*

I reach the villa at night and hear the most expected thing. She again stopped having food. Why does she always vent her anger on food?
Furious, I rush towards the room and Strom inside, calling her aloud.

"Ivanna!"

She's not on the bed, not in the room. I look for her in the washroom but she's not even there.

Fuck!

Where's she?

"Ivanna," I scream in outrage. "Are you hiding again?"

A few minutes pass, and she doesn't respond.

"Which home? I'm not getting back to the fake place anymore"

I recall her exact words. Darn it! Did she really--