Chapter 55 : A Night at the Cottage - 1

Ivanna

Just when I felt like everything around me is going to be dark, he pulls me against himself, locking me into his arms. Everything happened so quickly that it took me a few seconds to feel the terror inside me.

My body ripples against him as I gawk at him with my heart pounding in my chest, stunned and drained.

"Hey, I had already held you." He chuckles.
I can't utter a single word. The moment which took only five seconds to occur is roaming inside my head. My heart throbs faster, catching my breath.

"Why did you-- ," terror fills inside me as I can't understand why he had to do that stupid prank with me. I sense my voice breaking.

"Hey, I'm sorry. It was just a prank, Iv." He presses me against his torso. "I had already held your wrist before doing that"

I say nothing and bury myself in his arms holding him tightly.

"Don't do that, please. I hate such pranks. Don't do it," i mumbled.

"I won't," he places a kiss on my forehead.

The unknown anxiety crumbles insides me. And I don't know how to feel about it. I'm just not feeling good after this stupid prank. Pushing him away, I walk past him abruptly as he chases me.

"Hey, Iv. I'm sorry," I can hear his voice getting closer as I walk faster towards the cottage.

"Mrs Scott, will you have something hot?" The woman inside the kitchen says aloud when I ignore it and climb up the wooden stairs.

Even though I don't know where I'm supposed to go after entering this cottage for the first time. It's  warm and cosy-- not so bright as the ones I have been living all my life. It's too small in height as I can feel the roof just a few inches above. I bet Christian has to bend his head all the damn time inside the cottage. He's so fucking talk!

The entire cottage is made of wood and a few tanterns are making it look even more aesthetic. I think I'm in love with this place already. There's only one room on the top court.

I enter inside as I hear Christian still calling me.

"Iv," his voice is stern when he follows me into the small room filled with plants and lanterns, a rigid bed occupying the middle spot and the bonfire making it even considered.

"You ruined my welcome for you in this cottage," he shrugged.

"You welcomed me with a quite disgusting prank," I muttered, turning around and crossing my arms at him.

He sighs, scratching back on his head with a nod.
"I just wanted to have some fun !"

"By scaring me?" I frown, looking away again.

The window is closed, covered with fog but I can still see the moon shining brighter. It's already night.

"I didn't know you'll get this much scared," his arms spiral around my waist as he places his chin on my shoulder.

I shove him aside, gazing at him.

"Don't flatter me, okay? You always do this too-- " I pause as he adorably smiles.

Why is he so fucking cute when I'm about to lash out?

"Let it be," I groan.

"Why did you stop ?" He pulls me against him again, looking down at me with a playful smile.

"Just stop bothering me. I'm not talking to you"

"That was prank. Come on. I said sorry. Don't ruin our evening. We will be leaving tomorrow," he says.