Chapter 65: New Beginning

Emily

I smile at the phone, wiping my tears, and I feel better now. My grouch boss can be so patient to explain things like this is something beyond my imagination. But he's good. Even though he talked about work, I feel like it hits me hard with things I'm going through.

I lie on the tiny bed of my one-room apartment and look at the ceiling.

"Hide your weakness, Miss Benson," Kane's words echo inside my head.

As I close my eyes, I can hear my own words. "I don't think I can survive without you, Ryan."

Opening my eyes, I sigh. And with those open eyes, I can see the visual of my ex-boyfriend kissing his classmate! That's gross.

I get up from the bed and breathe heavily.

This apartment is hard to stay in but I had to leave that apartment which was running with 80% of my income from a coffee shop. He should be the one to leave that apartment but I left it. I don't know how many times they were fucking each other on my bed! I don't know what happened in that apartment every single day. If I stayed there, I would never be able to move on.

This place is small but still mine.

I look at the old message my mum sent me. The last time was a month ago. "Come home, sweetie. Dad misses you." My eyes well up as I hold my tears back.

I don't wanna go to them like this-- broken and failed. It will be like using your own parents to fix yourself, when you didn't even visit them when you were happy!

A reply won't harm. I finally typed a reply to mom after a year. "Soon, mum. I miss you too."

My eyes drift at the unread message from Ivanna and I immediately open it. "Hey, Em. Got a chance to join the Botanic Firm. Tomorrow is my interview. Wish me luck!"

"Good luck, girl," I type the reply while smiling and tossing my phone aside.

She always craved to dig deeper into the green world. I'm hoping to chase my goals again once I'm stable enough like before and leave this commercial field. Only if the future bosses are patient with me as this grouch.

I giggle, thinking about Kane.

Christian

I open my eyes after several failed attempts to hold Ivanna in my arms. Why is she sleeping so far away from me? I love to wake up with her in my arms. Sometimes I find myself lying on her ample chest, sometimes she's on top of me. Whatever the position is, we are always in zero distance.

"Baby," I groan, rubbing my eyes. Surprisingly, she's not on the bed. When did she become an early bird?

As I roll on my stomach, my eyes land on her. She's standing in front of the mirror in a different attire today -- a black shirt and black pencil skirt ended up to her knees, her long hair secured in a tight ponytail. A warm smile rips on my face as I watch her wearing tiny ear pins.

Suddenly, she stops and stares at the mirror. She just saw me. Her cheeks turned red. I love the way she blushes every time I stare at her. Why the hell is this woman so damn attractive every single second?

I roll down the bed and walk towards her. She peers at me through the mirror as her frozen eyes shiver. Reaching closer, I hug her from behind tightly.

"Missed staring at the sleeping Beauty today," I mumble. She nibbles her bottom lip while smiling.

Chuckling at her, I softly kiss her neck and place a sharp bite over her soft spot.

"Ahhhh!" She hissed, "what are you doing?" She shoots me a glare through the mirror.

"Playing my favorite game with my wife," I giggle. "Well, it's not even a gym look, not even a college look. Where are you going exactly?"

Her smile widens as she immediately turns to me. "You know what. I wanted to tell you last night but you slept," she beamed as I trace my fingers in her temples and rub her ear lovingly.

She looks so excited.

"What is it?"

"I told you about the mail, right? A company called me for an interview. And it's today?" She exclaims.

"Wow! That's something big," I pull her closer and kiss her lips.

"Are you okay with it?"

"Of course. I was just a bit out of track last night. As I can't change my profession for you, why will you even change your goals just for my silly wish," I tell her. I'll indeed love her around me 24/7 but the feeling I get after I see her after spending an entire day is something else.

She immediately hugs me and I hug her back.

"All the best. I know you'll crack it," I kiss her forehead. "But let me know if someone bothers you. These bosses in all the firms are gross. They just know how to be rude and mean. And if anyone hurts you then-- " She frowns at me right away. And I hate it now. She just can't stop me from thrashing people if they're mean to her. She's Christian Scott's wife, for heaven's sake.

"You're not doing anything, okay? If I needed the special treatment, why would I even work?"

"I can't with you, really," I sigh.

She giggles and pulls away from me and stands straight. "Now, see. How am I looking?" She spins around and I scan her from head to toe.

"Fucking hot," I nibble my bottom lip.

"Jesus! You're really. Just say that I'm looking nice or something formal," she groans.

"You might be the first who wants a lazy formal compliment from her husband," I lean against the closet.

"Aren't you insecure that I'm going to a new place where you won't be around? Like there are men who will stare at me," she gives me a mischievous smile.

"Insecure? Other men should be insecure because you're already mine," I grab her waist and pull her closer. "You're my woman and I want the world to see the gem I have and get jealous."

She blissfully smiles and I don't even know what it means. I just know that I want her to fly higher and there's no way I'm being an insecure husband to kill her happiness.

"Okay now," she drives her eyes away from me. "You also get dressed. You might be getting late."

"I don't go to the office on this date. Will you mind if I drive to the interview?" I ask.

"Definitely, not. Please come and do the duty of a good husband," she chuckles.

Ivanna

Christian drives me to the firm a few minutes early and I should relax before I get the call.

I turn to him nervously. "I'm nervous."

"It's normal," he smiles. "But I know you're gonna kill it. You can," he gives a light squeeze on my hand.

It feels so good when he encourages me like this.

This morning for the first time, I felt so blessed to have him as my husband. I thought he would be insecure and pissed to leave me somewhere I thought he would be insecure and pissed to leave me somewhere I'll be surrounded by different men and work under them. But he took it so gracefully.

"Kiss me," I tell him.

"Are you sure? Your lipstick," he smirks.

"Just do it, you brute," I seethe.

"Gosh! Your curse," he smashed his lips with mine, pressing me against the seat.

He's heaven!

*

I get a call for my turn and I walk towards the office of the chief executive manager of this firm. With a shaking hand, I knock the door and slightly open it.

"May I come in?"

"Yes, please," the man turns to me.

I get surprised when I find the same man who bumped into me in the gym that day. The gym owner!

[Note : going forward you will find Others POV often...]