Chapter 29 : His residence

Ivanna

I watched Christian fast asleep, half laid on me, his arms wrapped around my waist and his head positioned on my upper breast. I have been watching him for ten minutes. so, I can get out of his grip once he moves. But he doesn't move.

Every time he Wiggles, he tightens his grip around me more.He's not going to leave me even in sleep.

What's this man?

I can't understand him.

I let out a deep sigh and take a look at the clock.

It's already six past ten and I need to make breakfast for him, only if he allows me to get up.
I hold his arm carefully and slide my body away from him. He moves again, trying to hold me but I immediately place the pillow under his arm like yesterday. He hugs it and sleeps back again.

A smile curls on my face as I stare at him for a few seconds. Now a days, he forgets to change after coming back. I don't know what's the reason. I should ask him to get a shower after he comes back today.

Climbing down the bed, I take a quick shower and walk to the kitchen. The dining table is a mess today. since I left everything in frustration. I take everything back to the sink and open the refrigerator to find the food kept in it, that means even Christian didn't have the dinner last night. Everything is stuffed into the refrigerator.

My mistake!

I should have checked if he had it after coming back. But why the hell am I doing all this? He's not a kid. He can take care of himself. Recently, every single moment I act like a typical wife which I should not be.

Maybe, because I have nothing to do right now. But he does the same for me. His actions and his concern towards me forces me to care for him, even more.

Taking a deep breath, I move all the thoughts aside and get back to work.

*

A week passed like air in the apartment with the same routine. Though I have been upset, I didn't show it to Christian. I don't want him to do anything that hurts my sentiments only because I'm upset.

In Texas, the entire week has been different than the seven weeks in Dallas. I did almost all my work including his. Since, I hardly like new people in my apartment. Sometimes he comes to help but I send him away as always. However, he doesn't just leave. He stays there and stares at me the entire time which distracts me from working properly and I end up fighting with him to leave.

He steals a kiss every single morning with different excuses. I don't know from where he gets so many ways to trick me. Even when I know he'll find a way, I still resist. Enjoying his reaction
Sometimes I feel guilty, guilty for letting him come so close to me. I'm supposed to leave, sooner or later, from this marriage. And whatever is happening between us is only because we are individually alone. Maybe, this is the only reason I get closer to him.

*

"The keys," I hand over the keys to my apartment to Mr Jenkis.

"Thank you. And I'm sorry for the trouble caused," he said, nervously smiling.

He never behaved so weirdly before and a few days ago, he was rudely demeaning me. I wonder what possessed him suddenly. Did Christian --No! If he did something to Jenkins, we won't be leaving today. I'm overthinking.

Nodding, I come to the car as Colton opens the door for me. Christian is already inside when I get in.

Ethan pulls the car out of the gate as my phone buzzes with Emily's message.

"Classes from tomorrow. Gear up, girl! Can't wait to explore more with you"

I smile at the message. At least, there's something going on according to my plan.