Chapter 58 : Her dream life - A night at the cottage - 4

Christian

We're lying on the open meadow, still staring at the sky. At first, I didn't feel like watching the lanterns because I was more interested in watching her. But she literally scolded the hell out of me and forced me to look up there. According to her, I would eventually watch her anytime but she could never make me see the beauty around all the time.

Later, it felt great and my eyes soothed with the bright view. I have never thought to spend my time idly looking at the sky. Even looking at myself in the mirror was a waste of time for me.

But this girl!

She didn't change at all. I remember the evening when I used to study extra lessons even after finishing the homework. She used to talk from her balcony and call me on my balcony. Our homes were just a few feet apart. She used to make me fireflies. Those days were something I would never forget. she was so small and young she still enjoyed her life better than me. And it was all because of her mother. She has grown up as the next version of aunt Jennifer which I love about her the most.

"You know i always dreamt of such a place to live," she breaks the silence.

I look at her immediately, her head is placed on my forearm.

"A calm valley, away from the brisk city, peaceful and bright, beautiful people around, yards and farms. I'll have a small hut around and my morning will start with the birds chirping. There will be a little research centre for me where I'll study the environment -- forests and trees-- herbal sources. Then at night, I'll look at the sky like this after buying my dream telescope," she says.

Talk to me!

Now I know why she said to talk to her.

Years passed and u don't even know her properly yet. I just know the seven year old kid who was still yet to dream.

Here I knew nothing about her dream and wishes.
And her dream is nothing but a paradise of peace and happiness. I told her that I can get her everything but she never wanted everything. She never wanted more.

She was less yet peaceful.

"And where do I exist in this?" I chuckle as she looks at me with a smile.

"Ummm! I'll have to update my dream a bit and make some space for you. You can wait until I fit you somewhere in it," she giggles.

"I see. But you know I'm impatient and I have already fitted myself in your dreams,"bi say and rest my head against her.

She looks at me carefully with her curious eyes.

"In the same dream, we'll have a small bed and breakfast. People will come to visit with their partners and stay overnight, we'll serve them later in the morning. Or else we can have a bakery over here. Early in the morning you'll bake tasty buns and cookies and I'll be your assistant. We can sell the entire day and you can do the research later on,"

"Wow, Mr Scott. I didn't know you could have such a sweet and simple idea. I'm impressed," she giggles.

"Well, we need to do something to survive here, right? And I can't work under people. Business is in my veins," I laugh.

"You just said you'll work as my assistant?" She rolls her eyes.

"It's you, Mrs Scott "

She blushes and immediately frowns. "Then what will you do the entire afternoon when I'll be busy in my research centre?"

"Ammmm! I'll get a farm over here. Maybe, I can get some horses"

"Cowboy? That's hot. Cowboys are indeed hot. You're fit for that," she laughs.

"Damn! Why didn't you tell me that before? You find cowboy attractive?"

"What would you do then? Leave all your business and become a cowboy?" She just can't stop laughing.

"At least, I could dress up like that to give temporary pleasure to my wife"

"Shut up," she punches my shoulder again and presses her lips.

The glow of her face gradually drains.

"That was a good imagination," she sighs.
"Thanks for joining me in it"

"You want that?"

"It's not possible and-- "

"And?" I stare at her.

"Nothing, " she turns upside down on her stomach again and smiles. "Why do you keep calling me Mrs Scott all the time?"

I roll my eyes. Is that an important question -- yes, a million dollar question because the wife is asking. I shouldn't question back and just answer.