Chapter 75 : Can't crush over the boss

Kane

We come to Miss Benson's little apartment on the third floor and according to human nature, I roll my eyes around the apartment. It's still not fully settled for a person to stay in. It contains a single room and there's still a lot of stuff packed in boxes.

"Sorry, it's too small," she says, passing a forced smile. "I can only afford this for now."

"That's fine. Once u used to have the same kind of apartment," I said with a smile.

She seals her lips and pauses staring at me Without even blinking her eyes.

"Miss Benson," I tried to get to her.

"Yes," her lips widen into a smile and it's kinda awkward.

This woman can make me nervous on the spot. I tilt my head and gulp down.

"Miss Benson," this time I call her a bit louder

She startled. "Yes-- yes, sir. What?"

Her nervous brown eyes widened, causing a shiver to her lips. She has always been messing up in the work and ends up getting nervous but I hardly noticed how she looked when she was nervous. I had no time to even think about it.
It makes me smile a bit.

"Don't smile, please," she blurts out, shooting me a strong glare.

"What's wrong with smiling? I thought you called me a grouch for being serious all the time"

"That's better. At least, I wouldn't-- " she pauses while choking and averts her eyes away

"You wouldn't-- what? I think you have some serious issues with smiling," I laugh, trying to lighten up her mood.

I don't even know why I'm doing this but I felt bad when her dickhead ex said such pathetic things to her. No one should be treated that way.

"Hey, don't." She clamours now, gritting her teeth at me. "Don't do that"

"But why?" Now I seriously want to know what's wrong with my smile!

"Argh!! You got dimples," she says

"So, you hate dimples?"

"No, But I'm crushing on your damn dimples. I have serious issues with having crushes and I don't want you to be one. Because I'm not a bitch to have a crush on my boss. So, just stop!"

She yells out, leaving me dumbfounded.

I gwak at her in disbelief as she fumes, breathing hard after blurting out everything in a breath. Soon, the colour of her face drains.

I should praise her guts to be so bold and honest and make me feel anxious again.

She looks away.

I also look away

No woman has ever said something this staring to my face. She has gotten some massive guts.

"Well, I'm stupid," she covers her face. "You can think I'm in shock after all the fucking things happened today between me and my stupid ass ex and forget what I said, please. Don't fire me"
Keeping her palms on her face, she turns towards the kitchen.

"Coffee!" She mutters and walks towards the kitchen.

As I am still looking at her in disbelief, she stumbled upon a couch.

"Ouch!"

"Be careful, Miss Benson," I scoff nervously as she disappears in the kitchen, pulling the curtains.

*

A long moment of silence occurs when we almost finish half of the coffee. It does make me laugh when I think about her blurting out everything like this. This woman is boldly honest.