Chapter 49 : Without You

Ivanna

A week

A damn fucking week passed and it wasn't like a week passed by like wind passing through. It felt like even a minute passed like a year.

For the first two days, I was disturbed and guilty for uttering such hurtful things to him. I didn't know what I was doing. I knew what kind of a man he was. He was anything but not someone who forced himself on somebody. But I literally hit that point of him. What did I want when I was accusing him?

Maybe, I wanted him to get tired of me. I wanted him to get annoyed and stop caring about me. I wanted him to me back, for hurting him. I didn't want to fill the voids between us. Because deep down, I was scared to accept how far we have come. I was scared to admit that I was falling for him when I was already in love with someone else. I was going crazy after him who did so many wrong things to my family.

I just wanted to stop myself. At any cost.
However, I didn't know it would be so hard. So fucking hard.

I thought I could get over this. It's just an attraction and it shouldn't sting so much.

The third day was harder than the previous one and I tried to call him only to hear his voice. It felt like I would get some peace if he just talked to me for once. But he didn't respond.

I stopped doing that because I knew if he had decided to avoid me, I could never change his mind until he did it himself.

On the fourth day, I didn't feel like doing anything. Not a single bite slid down my throat. The entire day I felt like crying but I didn't cry. I held my tears back. I couldn't study or focus on anything. It seemed like I didn't even wanna breathe and survive. I felt empty and hollow inside.

I was free to do anything and live my life just like I wanted but the happiness was not there. Every time my eyes landed on the photographs on the wall, my heart aches.

On the fifth day, I gave up. Tears pricked my eyes as I laid down on the bed and cried my heart out, hugging his pillow tightly. Why was it so hard to survive without him now? It seems like he owns every inch of my soul which oozes the whole time without his presence.

Doesn't he miss me?

How can he even go like this without even telling me for once? How can he stay without talking to me? He may be strong enough to hold his emotions back but I am not. It hurts. Especially when I know he was hurt when he left like that.

On the sixth day, I didn't even feel like leaving the room and I spent the entire day on the bed, staring at the phone and the door. I slept on the couch every day with the hope that I would wake up on the bed. But it never happened.

On the seventh day, that's today. It feels like my life has been struck in that moment-- to that morning a week back which could be different.

The morning could be different and better if I tried to make it better. I would still be on my words which I uttered but I would remove some things which I didn't even mean. He never manipulated me. Never!

"Kane, please tell me where he is. I know you know everything" I plead to Kane on the call, my voice almost breaking.

"Ivanna," he sighs. "Please be patient"

"It's been a week, Kane. I have been patient enough. Now, I don't think I can be more patient than this. He's not in the office. He's not even in Texas"

"I'm sorry. But I can't tell you where he is. Remember, I haven't told him about the task I did for you" he says.

I press my lips to hold back the tears but I just can't. Ters burn my eyes as I whine, "Is he okay?"

That's all I can ask.

"He's fine. Don't worry. Just burning himself out with work," he slightly smiles andbit directly pierce my heart. I don't know what to say and how to reach. "What happened to him?"

"He didn't tell you?" I mumble.

"No, I tried to know but-- I think it's something related to you and he will never tell anything to anyone if it's about you or if there is any issue between you and him. I just wanna know if he's angry or--- "

"I wish he was angry. But he's hurt" I gulp down slowly, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"That's complicated then. It's not easy to hurt him. Good job" it feels like a taunt.

"I know I went wrong but he didn't even give me a chance to apologise," I exclaim.

"He's like that. I can only suggest you to wait and have patience," he says.

I say nothing else.

"Good night, Mrs Scott," he chuckles teasing me.

"Good night," I cut the call and tossed the phone aside, throwing myself back on the bed.

My tears aren't stopping. They never stopped since yesterday and I don't know how to stop them.

"Ivanna," Mrs Fisher knocks on the door.

"Yeah,"

She says nothing after that. She has been doing this for a couple of days-- she comes around after a while and calls me. I respond and she leaves as If she is making sure I'm fine. And I know who's making her do that. But he won't show up untill he's satisfied with pushing me like hell. He knows it so damn well.

I stand up wiping my tears and walk towards the walk in closet. It's been two days since I'm bailing my classes. It will be better if focus back on my studies to get out of this misery. Deciding to go to the University tomorrow, I open the closet. A hot bath will be better to make my brain work.

As I strive to find my clothes, my hand automatically spots his black shirt. My eyes dart on it, my fingers crawl over the fabric. I take it in my hands, squeezing and rubbing it gently.

"You didn't even give me a chance to apologise, Chris. You have done so wrong to me but have I ever disappeared? I was always there-- close to you and you got plenty of ways to apologise. Then why are you doing this to me?" My voice breaks as I stare at his shirt without blinking my eyes.

"You have always warned me not to go away from you. What are you doing now? You're being so damn ruthless to me, Christian," I press my lips again and tears flow down.

"I miss you," I break down into tears again, pressing his shirt close to me, I take in his intoxicating scent.

I miss his smell, I miss his voice, I miss his smile, I miss the way he was there for me all damn time
.
Hugging it tightly, I sob my heart out. My entire body shakes with the way I try to feel him against me.

"Come home soon," I whisper between my sobs.