Chapter 21: He is a Mystery

Ivanna

"Say it," I sigh, keeping my eyes down as he comes closer to me.

"Can you fulfil it?"

"Sure. I can do anything. I'm going to Texas," I say, rolling my confident gaze at him, though my heartbeat is rapidly growing.

"Not you, Ivanna. We," he replies as I frown, not understanding what he means to say. "We are going to Texas.Together"

His words startle me as I question myself if it's actually true what he just said. I can't believe it.

"Wh--- what?"

"I'm serious. I'm coming with you to Texas Iv," he pulls a handsome smile on his face. This is exactly not the time to get flattered by how terrific he's looking now. I'm just stunned.

"You--- you can't be serious,"I force my words to come out. "how can you-- I mean-- why will you leave Dallas? You have everything over here. How can you leave everything?"

"The meaning of 'everything' has changed for me a long time ago, Ivanna," he husks, decreasing the gap even more. His mysterious dark gaze lingers over me as I step back while stammering to say something.

I don't want him to come after me. It won't make a difference.

"And I have already worked for straight seventy-two hours to settle all this, shifting the branch to Texas, buying and setting up the office building overnight, shifting the entire staff to Texas along with their respective apartments"

My eyes open wider. Things I have never imagined are happening to me now. I wonder why Christian has taken such a massive step just for my silly demand.

I find it silly now.

It's completely silly.

He literally shifted his business to Texas. Just for me! I keep staring at him in disbelief. I can't understand him. He's a mystery that I'm scared to open. It feels like if I try to dive inside him, I'll be lost and there will be no coming back. I will drown inside him so badly that it'll be impossible to come out of his muse.

Our eyes stumble upon each other as I finally push myself to speak.

"Why-- why did you---"

"I told you that I can get the entire world for you," he grins, walking past me.

I should scream at him now. I should be furious. I need to tell him that whatever he's doing is insane. But my voice doesn't support me, my heart doesn't let me do it, knowing how badly he toiled for it days and nights. Just because I want to go and-- he wants to chase me.

I turn back. A moment of silence occurs between us while I strive to find out what he is. Little did I know that the day I will get to know what he really is, it'll be hard for me to run away from him anymore. Let him stay a mystery.

"Don't give me looks, Mrs Scott. This is condition. You can go to Texas but only with me. I hope you won't come up with another thing to escape me," his eyes redden abruptly.

I shudder with his unexpected words. How does he know that I'm actually trying to escape him?
He marches towards me, gluing his cold gaze on my face. In no time, his face is close to mine. My fearful eyes lift to him.

"Do you remember the wedding day when you tried to escape me?" He sounds scary now. And I hate it.

I don't know how many shades he has but I'm not used to his shady behaviour. No matter how he is, he has always been warm to me even when we had arguments

"Could you escape?"

I shake my head while trying to step behind but his long arm snakes around my waist, pulling me in his arms.

"Then how can you even expect me to let you escape after you're my legally married wife, Mrs Ivanna Christian Scott?"

I lower my eyes immediately since I can't look at them. They scare the hell out of me. I don't know why it pricks so much. Tears unwillingly stream down to my cheeks.

I can hear my own sobs, confused about why I'm actually sobbing. What affected me so much? I would have definitely screamed out if he sounded like the person he used to be with me most of the time? Not the one I hardly know.

My cheeks get hotter and they burn when I feel his thumb brushing across my cheek. He wipes my tears gently and touches my chin, lifting my face.

Our eyes meet and now I don't feel terrified to look into them. They are calm now as he stares at me. I gulped down to stop my sobs.

"I'll prefer you screaming at me rather than shedding these stupid tears," he groans.

"And I'll prefer you being a jerk rather than being scary," I push him away and rush into the washroom.

*

I wash my face with cold water and let myself relax and ny brain comes back to track. I still can't believe that I'm going back to Texas, that too with Christian. I don't know how to take this. Even though a part of me still tries to believe that he's good, some of his acts make me rethink.

Why is he doing all this to keep me with him?
He has nothing for me. Our marriage is just five weeks old and he literally shifted his entire company just to be with me and fulfil my wish? Should I trust it?

What is the reason behind his step is indeed his insecurity?

He doesn't trust me. And he thinks I'll be cheating on him. That's why he's not letting me leave.this is the only reason I can trust on. No man in this world will end up taking such a big step for a girl whom he just knows for five weeks, no matter if the girl is his wife. But ego! Ego can make them do everything. And he's definitely satisfying his ego.

I vent out all the frustration and close my eyes.

I think my sanity is playing games with me.
Whenever I try to ponder something negative about Christian, it shows me flashes of those moments when he was completely a different person to me. The person who gradually attracted me so much that I ended up having trust issues with myself. I couldn't trust myself if I'll be kiyal to my love in Texas because of Christian.

The memories flash in my mind, that night when he handled me during my panick attack, the moment when he hugged me, since he knew I needed him, all the days when he forcefully carried me to the dinning table just to feed me, he left all his important work whenever I needed him and the last night when his tired body looked for some relief in my lap.

I squeeze my eyes shut, breathing heavily against the door, the more I try to stay away from him, the more I dig deeper into him. No matter what the feelings are, Christian is always there in my mind and heart I can't resist him.