Chapter 74 : The boss is the boyfriend! {Kane - Emily}

Emily

I'm freaking out here with my stupid ex- boyfriend on the fucking road. It was beyond my expectation that I would bump into him like this.

Well, I didn't bump into him. This idiot has been stalking me for a couple of days to talk to me.

Talk?

What should we even talk about?

People talk about misunderstandings, not about cheating!

"Listen, Ryan. I'm being patient enough. If you don't leave my hand right now, I will-- "

"What's happening here?" A familiar voice comes from behind.

I freeze.

It's my grouch boss's voice. Before I can look behind, he steps near me and frowns at Ryan. They have awkward eye contact as I see kane's eyes coming down to our hands.

That fucking asshole is still holding my hand when I'm struggling to get away. I don't wanna be embarrassed in front of my boss.

I'm left dumbfounded, gawking at him.

"Whatever is happening, leave her hand." Kane groans.

I know this tone. Whenever he tries his best to hold back the anger, he groans like this. His eyes turn dark and his jaw clenches.

I have observed him so well over time.

However, my ex boyfriend is a hell of shameless, to be very honest. He won't just leave.

"Didn't you hear me? Leave her hand," Kane repeats.

And he never likes to repeat. Whenever he does that, the person in front of him is in trouble.

"Why? Why should I?", Ryan seethes and I literally wanna kick his balls.

"Because she has been repeating countless times to do so. You better leave," Kane is being too patient.

Definitely, it's the silence before the storm.

"You whatever!" Ryan groans. "That's none of your business. She's my girlfriend"

"Ex," I almost yelled

"Doesn't matter," Kane mutters. "Even if she was still your girlfriend and she was telling you to leave. So, just leave"

My lips stretch a nanometer at Kane. Why does that one simple line make me suddenly respect him damn much?

I can't stop staring at him. In the past month, this is the first time I'm looking at him properly.

Because he's always rushing and making me rush. There's only one thing happening around us. Work!

He's tall, not dark-- if I ignore his eyes under anger right now, and handsome I can say.

I'm definitely not having another crush today. I already had three while watching Netflix this morning.

"And who the fuck are you to say this?" Ryan screams, getting closer to Kane. "Who are you to talk between us?"

"My boyfriend," I yell out of nowhere

What the---

My eyes come out with my stupidity as Ryan and Kane both look at me at the same time. I gulped down, staring back at Kane.

He looks stunned, definitely not expecting this.
"What?" Ryan spits.

"Yes," I gaze at him confidently and screech.

"You gotta be kidding me, Emily. Right? You can't. You just can't do that," he scoffs.

"Why? Why can't I do this?" I seeth, glaring at him.
"Because you can't." He laughs