Chapter 32 : The Date - 1

Christian

"You didn't get my message? I told you not to come here," she snaps, leaning her face to my neck.

"I got it"

"Then?"

"Then? I thought you might want me to show up. Otherwise, you wouldn't text me the opposite," I grin, riding slowly near the highway.

"No, why would I want you to show up here? To create a mess for me?" Her voice is sharp yet I'm enjoying it.

"Did I create a mess? See what I have turned into for you," I say.

"I can see it. And you look young now," she cracks up as I wiggle my face in the mirror. She looks beautiful, as usual, her wavy hairs blowing , a wide smile ripping on her lips and her eyes darting on me through the mirror.

I don't know where to focus. On her or the  road.

"Did you find me old before?" I come out of my muse and gasp.

"A bit. That formal all the time"

"Still, how can a formal make me old? I'm twenty six," I shrug. "In case, you don't know"

"So? Aren't you old? Twenty six is too much. I'm only twenty one"

"Yeah, that's why you are so annoying all the time, throwing tantrums and screaming, because you're kiddo!"

"I'm not a kiddo," she barks from behind.

"Today you're even looking like a kid," I chuckled. "First of all, your shots, then your backpack, then your height. What a great combination of a kid going to school"

I laugh out until she punches on my back. "Shut up, don't make fun of me"

"Why so? You can call me old and boring. And I can't call you kid?"

"No!"

"Injustice to its heights this is," I spit out. A roll of laughter echoes in my head as I stare at her in the mirror.

I hate that I'm riding now. Staring at her will be the better thing to do. I focus back on the road as she tightens her grip around me.

"You ride really slow," she mutters.

"It's been years since I have ridden a bike. And I don't wanna take risks when you're with me," I say.

"I'll be fine. Can you ride faster, please? It feels like I'm taking a donkey ride," she fluffs her face, making me laugh hard.

"Texas is beautiful," I tell, ignoring her order to ride fast.

"I told you. Everything in Texas is beautiful," she says, breathing in. " By the way, where are we going?"

"I don't know yet. I just thought about a ride," I tell her

"Okay. Let me show you the beautiful things here," her voice is filled with excitement as I ride a bit faster as she says.

She points out lakes, constructions and some silly Street food vendors, narrating her experience with them. I love listening to her, especially when She's too excited to talk about anything. I can't believe that I'm riding a bike around the city so freely. It's better than my jammed vehicle, fresh and ventilated.

"Hey, wait wait!" She taps on my shoulder while yelping and I press the brakes immediately.

"What happened?" I tilt my head and find her looking at the right side. I look in that direction. A bunch of people have gathered there. The atmosphere is vibrant and noisy.

"I think there's a summer carnival," she climbs down and looks in that direction with a big smile.

"Great. Now, why did you get down?"

"I wanna go there," she turns to me with a big smile, leaving me surprised.

"There? We didn't have the plan," I exclaim as she frowned at me.

"We didn't plan to ride either, see it's so beautiful.
You'll have fun. Come or else let me go alone," she tosses a furious look.

"Ivanna, I don't roam in such public places. It's really crowded," I groan.

"You're hell boring, Chris. Have you ever gone to a carnival? No, right? That's why you don't know how much fun it is. And don't worry. No one's gonna recognise you. You'll literally look like a college student," she giggles and takes off my helmet, grabbing my hand.

"Iv," I tried to resist her for the last time then she shoots me a strong glare. I think I'm afraid of her glares and I can't help giving in to her demand every time.

She drags me towards the fair and I look behind, to see Colton gawking at me in confusion. He'll definitely find a way

*

"Don't worry. You won't go missing," Ivanna laughs, securing my hands with her as we stroll through the carnival.

"I'm not worried"

"I can see your reaction," she giggles and looks around the stalls filled with various accessories.

Every next moment, she drags me towards a stall, sees some stuff and places them back. She keeps doing it for almost thirty minutes and I don't mind walking with her. And she makes sure I don't go missing in the crowd and keeps holding my hand.

"Colton in a colourful shirt?" She exclaims, looking behind as I turn to find Colton a few feet away from us, wearing an orange shirt.

It makes me laugh to see his reaction.

"He never leaves you alone?" She mutters as we walk.

"No. It's his job"

"But I'm here with you," she rolls her eyes as if she's there to protect me. A smile rips on my face everytime I find out how innocent this girl is. She doesn't even know what kind of danger anyone can face. She just thinks I'll go missing!

"Did he follow you on your dates too?" She looks at me with her big curious eyes.

"Dates?"

"Yeah. Dates like dates you know," she stammers, looking away.

"I never went on a date," I laugh. She looks at me as if I have said something impossible.

"Seriously? You never went on a date? Then how the hell did you have girlfriends?" She blurts out.

"No one was like you to drag me anywhere," I whisper. Intense eyes meet mine, unprepared and tense as she looks away. I don't know why she avoids it every time I tell her something about my feelings.

"I'm hungry," she holds her stomach, making an annoyed face.

"I knew you would be. Come, let's go to a good restaurant. Do you know any?" I ask only to get the most familiar glare from her. I have forgotten to keep my mouth shut!