Chapter 94 : Culprit in a story

Ivanna

The nurse shocks me with the news of Adrian being here. I look at Christian immediately as he shows no loud reaction. The moment was intense between us. As I realised what was happening a few seconds ago, my heart sank. Christian has never been so desperate to know if I love him.

Why now?

I understand the feeling but I wanna make sure I don't hurt him later. It's so easy to say you're in love. But it's tough to show. I doubt if I can ever match the level of Christian's love for me. Why should I even confess something when I'm yet to show it?

Until I'll be able to get better, I can't.

"Should I send him?" The nurse asked.

My throat dries up right away. I don't know what happend after I fainted in the lab. I hope Adrian has kept his promises to me. I hope any of his actions didn't create any doubt in Christian mind.

"You're being ridiculous, Ivanna." I scream at myself in my mind.

I think I'll have to disclose if finally. After we get back home, I'll tell Christian everything about Adrian with the hope that he'll be understanding enough and won't be insecure, unlike me who literally gets crazy when Irene brags about him.

But I'm hoping he will react a bit. He should. It's not his duty to accept everything I do or say. He's a human, he's a husband. He has a possible reaction.

"Yes, please" Christian says and stands up.

As the nurse goes out, Adrian immediately gets in with a bouquet of white flowers. My heart beats faster as he looks at me with a smile and walks near the bed.

"I hope you're feeling better," Adrian gives me the bouquet.

"Yeah, Thanks." I pass him a casual smile, just when Christian's phone rings

"Excuse me," Christian glances at me for a second and walks near the window

A moment of silence occurs between me and Adrian.

"I'm sorry for the mess, Adrian. I know it must be too hazardous to have such an accident in your lab," I say in a low voice.

"It's completely fine. I'm glad that you're fine. Nothing matters to me more than you," he says as I gawk at him, reaction less and stunned.

He clears his throat and mumbles. "I mean if something happened to you, your husband would have sued my entire firm. And I don't know about myself," he chuckled.

I sigh.

"Christian might have lost it. I know. I'm sorry for that too if he said something too harsh. It was my mistake."

"I can understand him," Adrian says but he doesn't look satisfied at all.

"He reacts to everything about me. But he definitely doesn't mean those words he might have said." I defend Christian as I should.

"I must say you have been quite an ideal wife to defend your husband anyway, no matter how he is," he says

"As I should, right? Especially when I know how he is in person. I can't even imagine what he was going through at the moment," I say

Adrian grins lightly.

"You know what is tough, Ivanna?"

His quest makes me frown as I look at him in confusion.

"It's too easy to let out the emotions. It's easy to show what you feel. It's easy to react as you should. But do you know what's the toughest part?" He pauses. "To hide the emotions. To react nothing when you know your inside is burning. When you are so helpless that you can't even panic, react or let your emotions out. You need to hold it"