Chapter 4: After the wedding

Ivanna

I can't find my voice to speak as his eyes dart directly on me. My breathing gets faster. He has caught me. He knows that I was about to ditch him too. What if he --

What will he do?

I don't know.

What if he kills me?

Jesus Christ!!

I gulp down. "Who- who are you? What- what are you saying?" I pretend not to know him, unsure about what to say.

He raises his right eyebrow.

"You don't know me?"

"No," I stammer.

He smirks at me again and leans over his seat towards me. My body tenses and I try to learn back even though I don't have enough space to move away.

"Liar," he whispers in a husky tone. "I know you have already had long research on me"

His wry smile gives me chills as I tried to squirm, not paying attention to how well he dressed for the wedding. It's our wedding and dang!

This is not how we were supposed to meet for the first time. I realised that I was stupid to escape his eyes. How can I fool so many people and get out of the courtroom? Definitely, he let me come down and trapped me in his own shackles. I can't escape this rich brat.

"Well, I don't like to make a delay but since we have met far away from the wedding venue, we may talk a bit," he scratches the temple of his broad forehead, his thick veins visible out of his caramel skin.

Why do such good looking as fuck guys have to be jerks all the time?

And venue? Is he serious?

"Venue?" I sneer, daring to peer into his brownish eyes. "It was a courtroom. Not a venue. You could give it some time to arrange a damn venue"

Gritting my teeth, I look away.

"Are you trying to say that you ran away because you didn't like the wedding venue?" He cracks up.

His laughter irks me as I shiver to speak.

"I don't even wanna marry you,"  I speak in rage from nowhere and pause.

His smile fades away into a hard reaction, his gaze still on me, making me nervous. I realise the dangerous words coming out of my mouth. He's a brat monster. I don't know what he'll do after this. I directly rejected him on his face.

Jesus, save me.

"Move," he spoke after a second.

I gasped at him, confused.

"Get down the car and leave," he says.

I ponder for a second and immediately open the door. How did it open now? God knows, but I have got a chance. As I step out and roll my eyes, my heart almost stops beating.

Where am I ?

I scream into my head, crazily looking around the dark cave, the sunlight hardly passes through the tiny hole. I gasp and turn only to have a mini heart attack as his long arms cage me, clamping me against the vehicle. My eyes open wide and my body tenses. I can spot his cold gaze on me and his nerves shaking.

He is still a few inches away from me. According to the contract he signed, he hasn't even touched me, still, I'm in his control, completely.

"I don't like violating rules, Miss Rozario," his voice delivers goosebumps all over me. In this darkness, I'm alone with him, in an unknown place. I can't escape, I have tricked him. I don't know what's going to happen now