Chapter 90 : The surprise went wrong

Ivanna

Damn him!

I seethe, glaring at the rough reply he has sent me and I wonder if he has even read my messages carefully before replying.

Rolling on the bed, I pop on my stomach and stare at the screen. It's been more than a day since we have talked. I understand he's busy. That's why he's there. But can't he just make a call wasting five minutes?

I At least have that much importance.

This man! Sometimes he'll be like, nothing is more important than you, Iv. And sometimes he'll act like this.

Don't you miss me, Mr Husband?" I murmur, staring at the photographs on the wall.

My eyes don't blink as I peer at his face in the photo. I take his pillow in my embrace and nuzzle it.

"Seriously, I can't believe it. I think I'm going crazy!" I smile idiotically at the pillow. "I don't think I can sleep without cuddling you. Gosh!"

I dig my face into the pillow again, inhaling his delightful scent.

*

"What the fuck is he doing?" I scream, tossing my phone aside as it lands in Emily's lap.

"Ivanna! Are you trying to give me a heart attack? It's a freaking iPhone pro max," she yells. "I'm saving up for one"

She hugs my phone and checks it as if her life cramps into it. Then she properly stuffs into my backpack.

"His phone is switched off. Seriously? What's so important over there?" I groan, leaning back.

"Relax. You don't know the pressure of work over there. Take a chill pill," she says.

"You take that. Do you know when was the last time we talked? It was two nights ago. I mean seriously! Two damn nights? Almost more than 36 hours," I gaze at her.

She smirks and rolls her eyes at me.

"What?" I ask

I'm getting mad over Christian. He never did something like this. No matter how busy he used to be, he never ignored my calls. I'm angry and worried at the same time.

"So?" Emily rests her chin on her knuckles and blinks at me. "When are you telling this to yourself?"

"What? Telling myself?" I mumble confusingly

"Yes. I won't ask you to tell Christian. Because he already knows you love him. We all know you love him. But it's only you who still doesn't know that you love him"

She is looking at me as I'm speechless.

"Em!"

"What? Where's the lie? Don't you love him? Say you don't," she scoffs.

I can't utter anything. Not even 'I don't'

"Say it. Come on"

"Em! You're too much. Why do you need to always bring this up?"

I grab my backpack. "I'm getting late for work"

I walk towards the exit faster when Emily screams.

"Okay, I got it. Ivy. You do. You love him"

I don't know what love is. I thought I knew. But after meeting Adrian, I doubt if I even know what love is.

Why don't I feel anything for Adrian? But still, feel for that night. Why did my love change suddenly after meeting him?

I don't wanna do the same with Christian.

I don't wanna claim to love Christian until I'm completely sure. Love is a big word, it's Huge!
Getting inside the car, I asked Ethan to take me to the firm.