Chapter 59 : Addicted to you

Christian

"Alright, so-- ," I tuck the strands of her hair behind her ear and she places her chin on my chest, curiously waiting for my answer. "You don't like it when I call you Mrs Scott?"

"It's not the case. I just asked why you are so formal in this" she scoffs.

It cracks me up

"I'm not formal. But whenever I call you Mrs Scott, it reminds me that you're mind," I smile.

She bites her lip and breaks the eyes contact, playing with my button again. I wonder what she finds so interesting to play with my buttons.

"So, you mean the last name is enough to claim a person?" Her voice is low and thoughtful.

"Not exactly, but at least some jerks will know that you're out of their reach and they shouldn't lay their fucking eyes on you" I smile at her.

"What if you have to share me?" Her question literally hits deeper. Why the fuck will I share her with anyone?

"I know you like to tease me a lot. But there's the line. Don't make fun of it, okay? " I tighten my hold on her waist and hold her possesively against my chest. I hope the way I'm looking at her and holding her right now is enough to tell her that I'm not gonna share her with anyone else.

"Christian-- " she strives to speak but I interrupt her.

"I'm not done yet. You should know why I got married to you, Iv. Definitely not because I would like to share you with anyone. As far as I know, you value relationships more than I do. Then this question shouldn't even arise between a husband and wife. Would you like to share me with anyone?"

I groan in a breath because she hardly pisses me off. She knows nothing triggers me more than the stuff which eventually takes her away from me.
She stares deep into my eyes, sealing her lips for a long time. Then she sighs.

"It's not about initial sharing what I mentioned. Do you think  I'm a characterless bitch to mean that?" She sarcastically smiles.

Anger sets in my veins as I dart my eyes in her.

"You know I never meant it that way. Don't dare to say such nonsense again"

"I know you didn't mean it," she mumbles and lands on her back, looking at the sky again.

"Sometimes it's tough to forget a person, a moment, a period we spend with. And it's tough to choose between them. No matter how far we have come, a part of us still runs back to that moment, to that one person"

"Are you talking about him?" I manage to ask, keeping my stern gaze on her painful smile.

"Yeah," she presses her lips.

"I thought I was successful in winning your heart, Iv. That was-- disappointing" I sigh and look up at the sky again.

It hurts!

"You indeed won it, Christian. Or else I wouldn't be here with you. But I already said it's about a part of me which can't forget him. Even if I try, I can never do that," she gulps down as her shakes.

"I guess he gave you more memories and effort than I did," I murmur

"There's a thing. He gave me some incomparable. Even if I try to replace it with anything precious, I just can't," her voice breaks.

"May I know what's the precious thing he gave you that you're unable to forget about him?" I ask, trying to hold back my frustration, the grudge.

"That's the biggest secret of my life which can hurt the hell out of you and I'm saving it for the day you'll hurt me like hell," she says.