Chapter 50 : She's still the same

Ivanna

As I fight to hold back my tears, I hear the sound of the door opening.

What is Mrs Fisher doing here at this hour?

I look up to see who is walking in, shivers run down my entire body. It's Christian. He walks towards the walk in, taking lazy steps. He looks burnt out and tired. The moment I realise he's back, a small smile curves on my face.

His eyes land on me, swollen and red as if he hasn't slept in days. Our eyes meet, leaving me dumbfounded-- I don't know how to talk or react.

He doesn't smile, nor does he look happy to see me. He's still angry and hurt. I can feel that from the way he looks at me. There's nothing but silence.

His eyes trace down to my hand and I immediately put his shirt back and wipe my tears looking away, hoping he would say something. But he doesn't react.

"Chris," I mumble, staring at him when he pulls his gaze back from me, letting my smile fade away.
It sucks.

It sucks when he's here in front of me after a damn week and isn't even looking at me properly.
But I don't care. I take my time to stare at him as much as I can. My eyes craved to have one sight of him. Tears prick my eyes and pinch my skin as they keep falling.

He walks towards me-- to the closet, leaving me ignored but I don't stop staring at him. Anger is still visible on his face when he pulls out his clothes, standing just a few inches away from me .

I can't help trying to hold him as my hand lands on his arms. His ruddy eyes come on me. His silence!

Then he just shoves my hand away, continuing to pick his clothes

"What the hell was that, Christian?" I can't stop myself anymore. "How can you do this? Do you even realise how many days it has been since you disappeared without telling me anything?"

He slams the closet, pausing for a long minute when i gawk at him. I still expect him to hug me tightly and tell me how badly he has missed me.

But my heart doesn't want to wait. I slide my arms around his torso slowly and press myself against him, placing my head on his chest. Closing my eyes, I hug him tightly. As I sigh in relief, feeling him like this felt like somebody poured water on me. His body is hot and shaking and I know he's suffering because of me.

Keeping him in my tender arms, I lift my face, pressing my chin against his chest. My eyes burn as they devour his sight. He hasn't hugged me back yet.

"I'm sorry," my voice breaks. "I'm really sorry."
He presses his lips, rolling his eyes and finally he looks at me

"I'm tired, Ivanna," he groans, shooting me with a strong glare. "Will you please leave me so I can take a damn shower and rest?"

I immediately backed away and he stormed into the washroom, slamming the door.

Damn Ivanna!

Why does it hurt so much?

It should not, But it does. I can't help it. I rub my cheeks and eyes, gulp down to control the tears. There's no way he's gonna forgive me easily. And I don't think I can tolerate his harsh behaviour anymore. He has always been so warm and gentle to me that I'm used to his care and affection. His ruthlessness pierces my heart and undoubtedly he has spoiled me like a toddler in these two months.

Christian

After a long shower, I come out of washroom while streching my legs and arms. My entire body aches and I feel so damn wasted. A week passed like a roller coaster when I didn't let myself breathe even for a second. I indeed forgot how to breathe, but I couldn't forget her. She was roaming inside my head all the fucking day. Her thoughts disturbed me all the damn time, I used to be worried about her. I wanted to know how she was every single hour.