Chapter 66 : Paid Her Price

Ivanna

Since I wasn't expecting him to be here, I was a bit shocked. He glanced up at me and his eyes froze again like the day in the gym.

It makes me kinda uncomfortable how he just stares at me without any reaction. Maybe, he does it to everyone. I'm overthinking.

"Come in and have a seat," he says and looks down at the documents scattered on his table.

I take small steps towards the table and take a seat

"Good morning," I say with a smile.

"Good morning, Miss Iv-- "

"It's Mrs," I immediately interrupted him. "Mrs Ivanna Scott"

He pauses to look at me again. From the name on his table, I get to know it's Adrain Sarkis. He seems to be in his mid- twenties-- a man with blonde hair and black eyes.

"Yeah. That's right. Are you the same Ivanna Scott I'm thinking of?"

"I guess, right," I half- smile.

"Never thought of interviewing the wife of Christian Scott. What made you apply here?" He asks.

"I think that's kind of an illogical question," I try not to sound rude and smile.

He stretched his lips into a smile.

"Well, I don't exactly know what to ask you in the interview. You already hold a gold medal in biochemistry. I guess it's enough to hire you. I was curious about your decision to undergo the internship despite being the wife of a big personality. You can just set up your own research centre," he frowns.

"I will do it one day, I believe. For that, I will need money. My own money. So, I need to work. To get a job, I need to learn. That's why I'm here. I hope I'm clear about why I'm here"

"That's impressive," he presses his lips and signs on a document, passing it to me. "You're hired.
Looking forward to seeing you again, Ivanna"

Just when a big smile curves on my face, it fades right away as I sense something weird in the words and how informally he just called me.

"Thanks," delivering a tight- lipped smile, I walk  out of his cabin.

Why does that feel so weird? His Gaza seemed weird even in the gym too. And now here-- it was definitely not something bad, but too weird.

Damn!

I'm overthinking. It's been a while since I socially interacted with people. Maybe that's why I'm feeling like this.

When I come out of the firm, I already find Ethan waiting for me. How does Christian do everything so fast? I smile to myself and get inside the car.

"Where should I drive you, Ivanna?" Ethan asks.

I look at my wrist watch and I can still manage to attend the late class. I already have a lot of absence.

"To the University," I tell him and type a message to Christian.

Ivanna:I'm going to the University. Will be back till the evening.

Christian:Why the fuck am I at the villa today? 😡😡 [with lots of Red-faced emoticons]

He makes me laugh sometimes

Ivanna:I'm a busy woman, okay?

Christian:That's too unfair.

Christian:How was the interview?

Ivanna:Good, cracked it.

Christian:I told you, was the interviewer humble?

Ivanna:How could he not when he knows who my husband is? But he's weird.