Chapter 24: A Cute Kiss

Ivanna

I didn't know this stupid Alien is such a big flirt. He used to flirt with me sometimes but I thought it was only me. Huh! And my best friend!

What should I say about her? I knew she had a crush on him for a long time. But girl,come on I mean he's now your friend's husband.

I roll my eyes, cursing both of them in my mind. Definitely, I wouldn't mind killing both of them if someone gave me a damn knife or something.

"Fucking hell!" I groan, trying to open the coffee maker.

A hefty hand lands near me on the counter as I quiver abruptly. "Need some help?"

I purse my lips in anger. "No, this is my house. I can manage to do things without any help"

He's again so much closer to me that I can hear his breathing. I strive to open the lid of the brew but it's tight as hell. Giving all my strength I try to open it whilst he brings both of his arms around me and holds it from my hand. His chest is pressed against my back. I immediately slid my hands down from the pot. He leans down to my neck while twisting it, keeping me in between his arms and the counter. I can't help peeking at him nervously.

"Done," he says, dragging me out of my muse.

"Thanks," I mumble, glaring at him and snatching it from his hands.

"Angry?"

"Huh! Really, what gave it away?" I scoff, wondering why he needs to ask that. Doesn't he see I'm so fucking pissed!

"I can see it," he playfully smiles, rolling next to the counter facing me, his back pinned against the counter now.

Oh, he can. But he fucking doesn't care.i don't speak and focus on the work I'm doing. Ethan had brought some groceries. I need more later and I thought of settling them when the coffee is in process.

"Is that because your friend hugged me?" He giggles.

"Don't blame only her," I point at him with the scissors I'm using to cut the packets. He immediately pulls back. " Are you any less? Weren't you giving her the scope?"

"What did I-- " he gulped and for the first time, I saw him nervous. Who cares?

"Weren't you enjoying it when she was hitting on you?"

"Well, that-- everyone enjoys open flirting. What would I even do?" He rolls his eyes as if he was innocent. Anger fumes inside my brain.

"You're a jerk!" I seethe , as soon as I keep the scissors aside, he closes the gap between us again. I should have kept the scissors. He just needs a chance to get cosy with me.

"What do you want me to do? She's your friend. Wouldn't it look rude if I would have reacted the other way?"

"Wow!" I fake a big smile and face him, keeping my hands on my waist. "You're such a gentleman, huh! But with such damn low morals. Yes, I know we're not normal. I mean our relationship isn't. That doesn't mean you have the opportunity to do anything. At least, value the damn fucking tag. For heaven's sake you're my husband. How can you fucking hug my friend who's literally curshing over you? That's so absurd!"

"We'll, it was just a hug," he folds his lips. "And you said you don't have a problem "

"So, you wanted me to say that on her face? Can't you just read between the lines, are you that stupid!" I'm literally yelling now.

I can see him controlling his laughter and I realise how stupid I'm looking now. Stop reacting, Ivanna. just don't react.

I turn my eyes away from him and unbox the stuff.